Autofill not working in Chrome on Mac

zebdro
zebdro
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

For a few weeks now, autofill has been failing to fill in on websites on Chrome. It blinks and seems to think it did, but nothing is entered into the fields. See http://supportdetails.net/XXHNQ1D1 for Mac and Chrome specs. 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009).
I already uninstalled the chrome extension and installed it anew. This was the only relevant support direction I found searching to fix. The issue persists.

1Password Version: 7.0 B-9
Extension Version: 4.7.1.3
OS Version: 10.13.4 (17E202)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:auto fill not working

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zebdro: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm not able to reproduce what you're describing, so I'd like to know two things:

1. Do you have the same problem in the stable version of Chrome?
    2. Can you give me the URL for a specific site you're having trouble at so I can test it and make sure we have a common starting point?

Thanks! :)

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member
    1. I don't use a stable version of chrome / don't have one available.
    2. Fails on every site, as far as I can tell. Could it be an extension conflict? Sometimes it works when I restart Chrome for a little while. But in general it doesn't. I just started a new instance and it did work on https://www.airfrance.us/. Yesterday after working for some hours, it failed on that same site. Password generator also failed to fill, but I guess it uses the same mechanism.
  • Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@zebdro

I don't use a stable version of chrome / don't have one available.

So, while we're obviously looking down the road at future versions of several browsers, we don't warrant that 1Password will work in any non-stable version of any browser, for obvious reasons. This is part of how both we and browser developers discover potential conflicts, etc -- because things that work in the stable version don't work in beta or nightly builds.

Could it be an extension conflict?

That's certainly possible also, and the more other extensions you have installed and running, the greater this possibility becomes. If you want to try isolating the issue, I'd suggest turning off all other extensions besides 1Password -- or at least as many as you can -- temporarily. Let us know what you discover.

This discussion has been closed.