"Categories" left side bar expansion state is not saved

JadC
JadC
1Password Alumni
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello, I like keeping the categories portion of the left side bar open, but it seems like 1P 7 fails to maintain the state of this expansion, and closes when the client is reopened rather than staying open.

1Password Version: 1P 7 Beta 10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar: Indeed, this is a known issue we're working to address. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

hi @brenty,

Me too with this one and the window size fails to be maintained.

• @HRD,

Which version of the beta are you running?

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

hi @Ben,

1Password 7
    Version 7.0.BETA-10 (70000010)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HRD - huh! That was one of the bugs that was fixed in the previous beta (BETA-9). At least, it appeared to be. And I'm unable to reproduce the issue here now, using BETA-10 as well. Do you have a specific set of steps you're taking (and/or can you make a screen recording of what you're seeing)? Thanks.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Lars,

I open the App and it defaults to a smaller size to the one set when it was previously closed. However, I have just checked on my other Mac and the issue is not repeated, so it could be at my end?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HRD - I didn't want to say that initially, because that's kind of off-putting (and it certainly COULD be that it's still not fixed), but yeah -- given that you can't reproduce it on your other Mac, and I can't reproduce it here, that's sounding more and more possible. Do you have any other window-management software on this Mac that's not on your other Mac, which might conflict?

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Lars,

I use 'Magnet' on both Macs running 10.13.5 Beta (17F59b).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: Just to clarify, you're using the same OS and 1Password versions on two different Macs, but only one is having an issue with not retaining the window position/size?

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

That is correct.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: Thanks! Then I think we need to consider there may be an issue with your preferences file on the Mac where you're having trouble. Do you have all of your data backed up somewhere else, and are you comfortable nuking 1Password on that Mac? I think that should do the trick, and it would be the simplest, but we can try something less extreme if you're not in a good position to do that. :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

I buy that. I have a backup and a subscription account with you so should be OK.

Please send me precise instructions and I will do as you suggest.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD: I'm always a bit uncomfortable with this since the vast majority of the time we recommend not doing anything like this, but in your case, since you've got all your data somewhere safe and this can be quick and painless, I'll suggesting downloading the trial version of AppDelete to nuke 1Password completely. Copy it to your Applications folder and then launch AppDelete. In AppDelete use the menu option Tools > App Reset.... Select 1Password in the Finder window that pops up and click the Choose button. The main AppDelete window will change and display a number of entries relating to 1Password. Select them all and click the Delete button. Restart your Mac and install a fresh copy of 1Password 7. This will purge 1Password completely, right back to a never been used state. I think that will do the trick. But let me know either way. Thanks in advance!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

I followed your instructions and so far so good - I will let you know if I run into further problems.

One thing - I previously used AppDelete but as it hasn't been updated for some time now use App Cleaner
    & Uninstaller

Thanks for your time on this - much appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@HRD excellent! Glad we were able to assist you. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hi @jadchaar,

With this discussion now closed, here's one that's open about the issue you initially reported and HRD also mentioned having:

1Password not retaining/restoring expanded/collapsed sidebar state when main app is closed/reopened

This discussion has been closed.