Markdown Note Hotkeys

JadC
JadC
1Password Alumni
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Would it be possible to select a chunk of text and for example, press Cmd+B and automatically have the selected text surrounded by ** **?

That would be much more convenient than manually inserting the ** **.

Just an idea :). Same goes for italics and underlines.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar: It's definitely something we'll look into — perhaps, if possible, disabling other shortcuts when editing. We just need to take care to not conflict with system or app shortcuts.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Ah yeah, that is a pain indeed. If you guys need inspiration, Visual Studio Code has a great Markdown editor with the functionality I am speaking of (I bet you already use it though :P).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jadchaar - to be honest, I'm actually not sure what gets used most by folks around here. I know we've got a bunch of vi aficionados. I myself have been using Light Paper recently. I know Dave uses Bear (or at least he used to). But yeah; we're going to be looking for ways to build upon the foundation of Markdown that we've begun in this beta, for sure. Part of the problem for us in not just implementing existing solutions is that we have to consider the security aspects of anything we include. Calling a bunch of Perl scripts willy-nilly within 1Password is something we just can't in good conscience do -- so we find ourselves having to be much more thoughtful about what we do and how we go about it, to avoid side-channel attacks, and the like. But styled text in Notes fields has been a top-drawer request for some time, so you can expect we'll be looking to add functionality and polish to it in future releases. Thanks for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.