Keyboard shortcut for copying OTP in 1Password 7 beta (OPM-3053)

gondalez
gondalez
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I just now installed v7 Beta for mac. I can confirm it is indeed lit. Quite lit indeed 🧐

Mostly I installed it for the keyboard shortcut to copy OTPs. I find myself doing this quite a lot to sign into a VPN that uses OTPs.

The feature is mentioned in the release notes (https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7):

Added new keyboard shortcuts for copying usernames, passwords, and one-time passwords quickly and easily. {OPM-3053}

Can anyone tell me what the shortcut is? I hunted around somewhat but could not figure it out 😅

tris

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-10 (70000010)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 10.13.4 (17E202)
Sync Type: 1password cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gondalez: Thanks for getting in touch! Glad to hear you're, ah...partaking in the beta. Anyway, the TOTP copy shortcut is there, but hidden because it shares real estate (due to modifier keys) with Copy and Copy Password. Copy One-Time Password is ⌃ ⇧ ⌘ C. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• gondalez
    gondalez
    Community Member

Yes! Life changing, thanks @brenty :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Haha glad to hear it! You're very welcome. Thanks for participating in the beta! If that's what motivates you, we're even happier. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.