Generated passwords = missing website URL

thibaut
thibaut
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,

In the past, generated password items used to contain the URL of the website they were created on. Now, these items seem to be all called "Safari" with website app://com.apple.Safari. Not super convenient when you need to find a generated password that you just didn't saved. See attached capture. :wink:

Is it the (new) intended behavior or is it a bug?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-10 (70000010)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @thibaut,

Would I be correct that you cannot reproduce this issue in other supported browsers such as Firefox or Chrome? The screenshot you so helpfully included suggests to me that the 1Password Safari extension is in a disconnected state as this is the behaviour I'd expect to see for non-browser applications or to be more precise, no working extension. We've been having quite the time trying to get the new Safari extension working reliably. My understanding is we're going to return to the old approach for a bit longer and work on the new extension internally until it's more reliable. So what will likely happen is a future beta will require you to re-install the Safari extension as you would have done in the past for 1Password 6 and that you find things become more reliable again. We'll get there with Safari but the new extension has proven trickier than anticipated.

• thibaut
    thibaut
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Okay so it's definitely related to the Safari extension, which relates to the shortcuts that don't work, etc. Ok thanks for the explanation! :wink:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for your feedback on this! I'm sorry we don't have a good solution for you right now, but we're working on it.

This discussion has been closed.