Good morning,

I am unable to make the safari extension work. I have the following system:

MAC OSX 10.13.4
Safari 11.1
1Password 7
Version 7.0.BETA-10 (70000010)
AgileBits Beta

1Password 7 installed in the applications folder

The safari extension appears to the left of the address bar in safari but I have the following issues:

1. Selecting the extension with the mouse works intermittently
  2. When the extension does activate with the mouse, it does not autofill passwords
  3. Keyboard shortcut: command and forward slash does not work at all

I have checked the forums on the 1password website, but there seems to be a considerable amount of conflicting data, some related to 1password 6, some 1password 7, so I am not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance :)

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-10 (70000010) AgileBi
Extension Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-10 (70000010) AgileBi
OS Version: MAC OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Please see this AgileBits' post as to the current problems with the Safari extension.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zxsder: Thanks for getting in touch! Indeed, we're working on some things to help make the experience in Safari smother. The feedback is appreciated. :)

• zxsder
    zxsder
    Community Member

Good morning 1Password, Stephen and Brenty,

Thanks for the replies.

I updated 1Password this morning, so I am now running:

1Password 7
    Version 7.0.BETA-11 (70000011)
    AgileBits Beta

Unfortunately, neither the safari extension nor the Keyboard shortcut: command and forward slash are working for me.

Whilst I appreciate the support forum/blog, I find all of the postings from various people very confusing and would much prefer 1Password actually provide direct support ie. Version 7.0.BETA-11 (70000011) does not work with Safari or the Safari extension.

There were some notes attached to the update this morning, but because 1Password defaults to auto update, I was unable to read all the notes attached to the update and I have been unable to find them on the 1Password website.

I appreciate all of the effort being placed on solving the issue but I believe the lack of direct communication with customers is letting 1Password down.

If the information I have mentioned above is available somewhere, please advise where.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Unfortunately, neither the safari extension nor the Keyboard shortcut: command and forward slash are working for me.

@zxsder: Sorry for the confusion there. Beta 11 brought some significant changes to Safari. You can find more details here:

How to use 1Password 7.0.BETA-11 in Safari

Suffice to say you'll need to install the extension from our website for the time being. Let me know if that helps. :)

There were some notes attached to the update this morning, but because 1Password defaults to auto update, I was unable to read all the notes attached to the update and I have been unable to find them on the 1Password website.

You can always find the release notes on our update site.

Whilst I appreciate the support forum/blog, I find all of the postings from various people very confusing and would much prefer 1Password actually provide direct support [...] I appreciate all of the effort being placed on solving the issue but I believe the lack of direct communication with customers is letting 1Password down.

I'm not sure I understand. That's exactly what we're doing here. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're here to help.

• zxsder
    zxsder
    Community Member

Good afternoon Brenty,

Thanks for your prompt reply and great information.

I have followed the instructions in your email and the extension works again in safari - thanks.

Thanks also for the links to the notes etc., I wasn't able to find them previously.

Great work - thanks :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zxsder: Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.