Passwords do not fill in Safari, either via keyboard shortcut or manually clicking

astronaut
astronaut
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm hoping this is not user error, but I don't have issues in Chrome, which I use for work, or Firefox, which I used for testing. What's happening is, well, nothing. If I enter the keyboard shortcut within Safari to fill a password, it doesn't fill. If I click on the icon to open the extension, a menu pops up and I can manually copy the password, but I can't use it to autofill. This isn't in every website, and it's not all the time, but I'd say it's about 90% of the time across all websites that it occurs. I'll take a video next time I experience the issue.

1Password Version: 7.0 BETA 10
Extension Version: 7.0 BETA 10
OS Version: MAC OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Families AND Teams

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

There is more than one existing thread about this problem. See, for example, here for an AgileBits' comment about the problem. In summary, the Safari extension needs more work by AgileBits, which it has acknowledged.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@astronaut: Indeed, sorry for the trouble. We're working with some new technologies in Safari, and there's still some work to be done to make things as smooth as we want. Thanks for your feedback on this, and for participating in the beta! :)

This discussion has been closed.