1PW Mini Now Requires Additional Click/Keypress on EVERY Usage

jfelchner
jfelchner
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm sure you all had your reasons for changing this behavior (although I have no idea what they could be), but now, whenever I use mini and I click on something to copy it, it leaves Mini up, which effectively requires a click or press of Escape every time I use it.

Is this desired behavior? Why was it changed? What is the remedy (a defaults write is acceptable).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jfelchner,

Thanks for the report, this will be fixed in the next beta.

Rudy

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

@rudy you're always the best! <3

(Still waiting on that menu item/shortcut key to copy the OTP and the username) ;) :*

• rudy
    edited May 2018

@jfelchner

Those should already be there for Logins, those 3 keyboard shortcuts also work for other types to copy 3 important fields or alternatively 3 'top' fields. They can also be re-mapped using System Prefs ->Keyboard -> Shortcuts if you wanted to get really fancy and have different shortcuts for different types of items. That's possible due to Apple mapping based on the name.

cmd + shift + c = copy password
    cmd + control + c = copy username
    cmd + control + shift + c = copy totp

Rudy

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

@rudy I didn't know these were added! I've literally been waiting for them since 2010. Thank you!!!

• @jfelchner,

I started with an implementation that did just username and totp, and then went a little overboard and leveraged the code we had written for the iOS Favorites screen to bring the shortcuts to all item types.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.