Picking color of 1Password Mini on Mac independent of Menubar

andmade
andmade
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi team,

First, I want to say that I am still very new to Macs (only been using for a month), so there are likely Mac UI guidelines, expectations, intricacies, and idiosyncrasies that inform how 1Password looks on the Mac compare to Windows.

I'm on High Sierra and am using the dark menu bar theme. This has the effect of making the 1Password mini have a dark, transparent background color (even in Chrome!). It's practically impossible to readily read anything there due to this, especially with the small font size.

What would be great is if I could still have the light theme on mini, preferably with no transparency, even if using a dark menu bar. Mini actually switches to the light UI even with a dark menu bar if you have to edit anything - not sure if that's intended behavior or a bug.

(Also, just a general note, mini on Windows is waaaaay nicer. It actually looks like a mini version of the main app and it's faster to copy items because you can right click to copy items from a list instead of having to wait for a menu to fly out and then hover over a small little copy button for the field that you want. And on Windows, mini will show all matches automatically, whereas on Mac it only shows the first 5. It also shows more information in the list, like for example it shows part of the credit card number or the username whereas on Mac you just see the name of site.)

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-11
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @andmade,

We still have work planned for mini before the 7.0 launch, but the dark/light theme is dictated by your selection for the menubar. It isn’t possible to have a light mini and a dark menubar.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.