1Password new extension for Firefox is laggy [Being worked on]

Options
ttim03
ttim03
Community Member
edited September 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I don't get it. 1Password was working beautifully now the new 1Password Firefox extension is laggy as heck. :( If this continues to happen over the course of the next month or so I am going to have to look elsewhere for a new password manager sadly. I don't want to though.

Please help!

Sorry not sure if this helps but this is in the new Firefox 60. Not sure if that matters.

Comments

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Weird I think I might of fixed it by restarting my computer.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ttim03,

Sorry for the difficulties here!

It sounds like a temporary glitch, so I am glad to hear that restarting your computer helped. Please let us know if you bump into this issue again.

Also, could you please specify, are you using our new 1Password X for Firefox?

Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay no I am not using the new 1Password X for Firefox I don't think.

1Password 6.8.534

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ttim03,

Got it, thank you for the confirmation! Am I right to understand that 1Password extension works correctly now?

Please report, if you notice anything else, we are always ready to help you with any issues. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it works correctly now! No lag.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ttim03: Fantastic! :+1: I hope everything else works for you, but please let us know if you bump into any other issues. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Happening again but this time with 1Password 7.0.558 :(

This time restarting the PC does not help.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I figured out when it happens.

If I lock my PC or step away from it for 10 or 20 minutes come back and 1password is locked is when it starts to lag. During the process of trying to enter the main password. Then trying to select a login username. Took me well over 2 to 5 minutes just to login to here :(

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ttim03,

That is quite strange. Does this happen with 1Password only or with your system in general? I haven't seen any reports like this, so we need to investigate if this issue is local or not. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

1Password only

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Ok I went back to 1Password 6.8.534 which works much better until this is fixed. :(

I hope it is fixed.

Anyway I will test 1Password 7.0.558 on my VM (Virtual Machine) for right now.

Anything you need to do to determine why this issue happens ? If you need me to install 1Password 7.0.558 on my real machine again instead I can. I have a image that goes back.

Also can you get rid of "[Restarting PC resolved the issue]" please ? Thanks. That does not work with 1Password 7.0.558

• NoMoreAngel
    NoMoreAngel
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue. Since I updated to 1Password 7.0.588 on my PC and Laptop it is really laggy in Firefox (60.0.1) with the Beta-Addon Version 4.7.1.4. Sometimes it just doesn't want to open the window until 10-20 seconds later, but almost every time (after some time it always starts lagging) it doesn't want to fill in the data and just does nothing and you need to try it multiple times until it finally fills things in.

The issue just appears with the Version 7, with the prior version 6 stable release this problem wasn't present. The 1Password version is the only thing that changed, everything else stayed the same.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for reconfirming the problem! Greatly appreciated!

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

No one ?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @ttim03 and @NoMoreAngel,

It does not sound right, so I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from 1Password 7 on your computers (please reproduce the issue beforehand):

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the reports and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• NoMoreAngel
    NoMoreAngel
    Community Member
    Options

GFU-66995-431

Locked my PC, came back after ~5 minutes, unlocked my PC, opened the browser extension, wasn't as fast as usual, entered my password, clicked the Logindetails I wanted to enter, nothing happened for around 5 seconds, clicked the extension icon again, in that time the logindetails filled in themselfs, but didn't log me directly as usual. Then I created the report.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

NoMoreAngel same here :(

AZM-36461-421

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the reports @NoMoreAngel and @ttim03!

Our team will investigate this issue and we will get back to you via email as soon as possible. I will also post updates here, once we have any news about this issue.

Thanks again!

ref: GFU-66995-431
    ref: AZM-36461-421

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Guys I did a fresh install of Windows 10. Then just installed Firefox 60.0.2 and 1Password 7

After locking my pc and coming back 1Password 7 is still laggy or slow to open sometimes. :( Like I said 1Password 6.8 works beautifully on the same system.

Oh yeah I have the Diagnostics report if you all need it.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg sorry wasn't sure if it notifies you don't put a person's name. Anyway did @NoMoreAngel get there issue fixed ? I know I didn't. I tried everything.

• NoMoreAngel
    NoMoreAngel
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, not fixed yet and I still have the issue @ttim03. But Greg got a slightly longer explanation on how the issue shows itself and that it can randomly disappear or appear again later.

• @ttim03: Do send over that diagnostics. Greg is away at the moment, but per @NoMoreAngel's note it sounds like something we're still gathering intel on, so more data always helps. Thanks! :chuffed:

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate how should I send it please ?

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind here you go. Sorry.

CUP-38345-887

• No worries, @ttim03, thanks for sending it over! :+1:

ref: CUP-38345-887

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Hope this issue is fixed soon!

• We hope so too, we've pinpointed a general area of why this is happening but it basically requires a major rewrite to certain areas to fix the problem, which is why it is taking longer than usual.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thank you!

No problem!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.