Bank of America login asking to unlock 1P every time I login using Safari keychain

jehrler
jehrler
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I login to my BofA credit card account daily to review/download activity.

I use both 1P and iCloud Keychain for my logins.

In all other circumstances when I login using the iCloud Keychain 1P ignores the submission as I already have the login saved in 1P.

However, for BofA it always asks me (if 1P is not unlocked) to unlock 1P to, I assume, update the login (though it doesn't explicitly say that).

Nothing in the login has changed so it is just an irritating artifact to have to dismiss this dialog every time.

I thought I remembered an option to ignore updates which would probably work but can't find it.

Better solution would be for 1P to not ask for login for no reason.

1Password Version: 7.0 beta 12
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1p account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jehrler: If 1Password does not have those login credentials saved, it should offer to save them — unless you disable autosave globally or for that specific website (Preferences > Browsers). Do you mean that you already have them saved in 1Password, and it's offering to update the login anyway? There can definitely be some weird interactions with browser autofill, and that's one of the many reasons we recommend disabling it. If you do, are you still encountering this problem?

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member

1P does have the credentials saved. So it is just a weird interaction with BofA site. Thank you for letting me know where the autosave exception list is so I can add it. I had searched the logins themselves thinking that was where it was and couldn't find it in the knowledge base.

• Thanks for the update @jehrler. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.