Fixed minimum width for detail pane too high?

jaysee_au
jaysee_au
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi there. I have 3x displays connected to my Mac Pro - 1x 30-inch (2560x1600) in the centre and 2x 20-inch in portrait mode (1600x1200). This gives me a primary workspace + side companion monitors that perfectly match. Until today, 1Password has lived very happily in the bottom right corner of my screen at all times.

After updating to 1Password 7 today, I can't shrink the right hand side column of 1Password enough, and so I can't read the titles in the centre column.

Is there a reason why the "minimum" width for the 1Password detail view is fixed? It wasn't the case with 1Password 6.

Thanks,
John

1Password 7
Version 7.0.BETA-12 (70000012)
AgileBits Beta

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jaysee_au: Hmm. I'm a bit perplexed by this, because my 1Password 7 window is much smaller...and can be made even smaller still:

There's definitely a minimum width, as we need at least some room for all three sections. But here it's about 1600 pixels, and yours looks much wider than that. What screen resolution and scaling settings are you using — not the actual resolution, but what you have them set to in macOS?

• jaysee_au
    jaysee_au
    Community Member

The display is 1600h x 1200w. But I likewise can't make it smaller on my main bigger monitor either...? 🤔

Ok, that's super weird. As I was just writing thais, I had a weird issue where the green (+) / Full Screen button wasn't working to maximise without full screen (i.e holding down option). So I closed the 1Password window and then re-opened it, and now it's allowing me to make the main pane narrower! 🎉

Thanks for your help though!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jaysee_au: I really, really wish I could take credit for that! Maybe some weird preference migration issue... :lol:

I'm not sure I did anything to help in this case, but if you run into any other issues definitely let me know. I love a good mystery. :)

• jaysee_au
    jaysee_au
    Community Member

Will do! 😄

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.