Unrequested update causing crash

Bobalaska
Bobalaska
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

This morning I noticed a questionmark on the dock on my wife's MacBook Pro where 1Password 6 normally resided. When I checked applications, 1Password 7 was installed (Don't think it was requested unless it is part of normal update request.) and 6 was gone. Every time we try to open the app it crashes after inputting the master password. It i version 12 of the beta. I have the same and it works perfectly.

On perhaps related thing, I opened 1Password on her iPhone to make sure it worked. It did, but initially there was a message that "your vault's look empty" before the passwords appeared. I had never noticed that happening.

I restarted computer to see if that made a difference. It did not. Please advise.

1Password Version: 7 version 7
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upddate causing crash

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hi @Bobalaska, welcome back to the forum!

I’d like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

That way we can “connect the dots” when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :smile:

Once we see the diagnostics we’ll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member

@jadchaar Just sent off report and info as requested.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

@Bobalaska thank you very much!

Do you think you can post the support ID number you received in the automated reply here? Just so that we can deal with and track the issue easier :smile:

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member

@jadchaar I thought I had. Here it is: For your reference, your support ID is [#XWA-95228-891]

It was in the email with the report (I think)!

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member

@jadchaar I thought I had. Here it is: For your reference, your support ID is [#XWA-95228-891]

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@Bobalaska thank for the follow up info. We’ll take a look and continue the conversation via email.

ref: XWA-95228-891

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member

@jadchaar Looks like in email to my wife the # may have changed to #DVR-34833-491

• Thanks, we'll get back to you shortly :)

This discussion has been closed.