Multiple issues regarding updating

Smudge
Smudge
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I currently have 6.8.8 installed and today started receiving notifications (OSX alerts pushed via 1P Mini) that a 1P update was available. When I click on the Update button, I get a dialog saying that 1P is up to date. A short while later, I get the notification again. Rinse and Repeat. (also I checked the history in Notification Center and there are no 1P notifications listed despite having the "Show in Notification Center" box checked.)

I opened the 1P application and manually selected the 1Password 6 > Check for Updates menu, which returned a Software Update window saying 7.0.BETA-12 is available. However the update release note section said "No release notes available for product".

I have had the "Include beta builds" checkbox enabled for years and have been receiving the beta updates except for the 7.0 betas. This is the first time I've seen a v7 beta update offered to me. Not sure why I didn't get them for the first 11 betas.

Before I manually install/upgrade to 7.0b12, is there anything AgileBits would like to gather from my system to determine the cause of these issues? I could see this potentially being an issue for other users running v6 and not receiving notifications of v7 (beta or final) updates.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Smudge, thanks for offering to help out! We really appreciate it!

The Mac team has asked me to obtain a diagnostics report from your machine:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

That way we can “connect the dots” when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :smile:

Once we see the diagnostics, we’ll be able to better address the problem. Thanks you!

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member

Diagnostic report sent in. Support ID number is [#BKV-67929-699].

BTW, a suggestion for the developer that created the 1PasswordTroubleshooting app. It appears to be hardcoded to create the new email message using the OSX Mail.app. I use Gmail and so I don't use the Mail.app at all. In fact Mail.app isn't configured at all for my email account.

I have OSX configured properly to use Gmail as my default email application using the mailto: url prefix.

If there is a reason you can't use Gmail/mailto then give us the option to save the report as a zip file so we can manually send it. The only option after generating a report is the New Mail button that launches Mail.app.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

If there is a reason you can't use Gmail/mailto then give us the option to save the report as a zip file so we can manually send it. The only option after generating a report is the New Mail button that launches Mail.app.

With apologies for veering slightly off-topic, I do agree with this. I use Postbox and it's something of a nightmare trying to submit a diagnostic report for the exact reason @Smudge gives.

Stephen

• @Smudge Thanks so much for this report. We've identified the issue and a fix is on the way.

This discussion has been closed.