1Password 7.0.BETA-12 – App won't hide after mac has been in sleep mode

mstrecktias
mstrecktias
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

First of all, version 7 looks great!

Two things I've noticed:
1. 1Password won't hide (cmd+h) after the mac wakes up from sleep. If I quit 1Password and 1P Mini hiding works again.
2. You can't use cmd+c to copy a password from the generator in 1Password Mini

Feature request:
I would like to be able to remove vaults from my main view, but still be able to make changes to them.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

First of all, version 7 looks great!

@mstrecktias: Thanks for the kind words! We've still got work to do, but I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it already. There's more to come! ;)

Two things I've noticed:
    1. 1Password won't hide (cmd+h) after the mac wakes up from sleep. If I quit 1Password and 1P Mini hiding works again.

Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce? I believe I've encountered that before, but I'm not seeing it now. So I wonder if we've already fixed that internally. I am confused by your reference to "mini" here as well.

1. You can't use cmd+c to copy a password from the generator in 1Password Mini

That will be addressed in an update. Trust me. ;)

I would like to be able to remove vaults from my main view, but still be able to make changes to them.

You should still be able to view a list of all your vaults when clicking on All Vaults / the vault switcher, and they can be edited from there. Does that help? :)

• mstrecktias
    mstrecktias
    Community Member

@brenty

Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce? I believe I've encountered that before, but I'm not seeing it now. So I wonder if we've already fixed that internally. I am confused by your reference to "mini" here as well.

After I read your answer I had the locked 1Password window visible and put my mac to sleep. After I woke it up I was unable to hide 1Password. I quit the 1Password app and opened it again. The problem was still present. I quit the app AND 1Password Mini, opened the app, and now the hiding worked again. On my second quest to reproduce I failed. Can't reproduce it anymore. I'll have to get back if I find the secret formula. :)

You should still be able to view a list of all your vaults when clicking on All Vaults / the vault switcher, and they can be edited from there. Does that help?

No, not really. My problem is actually that my keyboard shortcuts for switching vaults (cmd+1,2,3,etc) are populated with vaults I don't need access to that often. Maybe the "Include in All vaults" setting could remove vaults from the kb shortcuts as well? Preferably you could assign your own shortcuts to vaults.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

After I read your answer I had the locked 1Password window visible and put my mac to sleep. After I woke it up I was unable to hide 1Password. I quit the 1Password app and opened it again. The problem was still present. I quit the app AND 1Password Mini, opened the app, and now the hiding worked again. On my second quest to reproduce I failed. Can't reproduce it anymore. I'll have to get back if I find the secret formula. :)

@mstrecktias: Hmm. Well if you figure out the formula, please let me know! While I'm not seeing this here now, the fact that we're both a bit stumped by this leads me to believe we haven't seen the last of this issue. We'll continue investigating. :)

No, not really. My problem is actually that my keyboard shortcuts for switching vaults (cmd+1,2,3,etc) are populated with vaults I don't need access to that often. Maybe the "Include in All vaults" setting could remove vaults from the kb shortcuts as well? Preferably you could assign your own shortcuts to vaults.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying! That's a good point. I'm not sure we want to remove the shortcuts for hidden vaults though, since they offer an easy way to get to data you wouldn't otherwise be able to access easily in that case. I think it would be nice to be able to reorder vaults though. I can't promise anything, but perhaps we'll be able to ad that feature in the future. Thank you for bringing this up!

This discussion has been closed.