Mini doesn’t stay running

Comments

• mattb308
    mattb308
    Community Member

I'm experiencing this same problem. If i close the 1Password Desktop application, the item in the menu bar automatically disappears / closes as well and then my browser plugins won't work until i reopen and reauthenticate to the desktop app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mattb308: Thanks for letting us know! We're tracking an issue with 1Password Preferences > Browsers > Always Keep 1Password Extension Helper Running, where it doesn't save correctly, and it may be that is the cause of this as well. Are you seeing that enabled? What happens if you toggle it again?

• mattb308
    mattb308
    Community Member

I got a bit confused by the forums; I was in the Beta7 forum but searching took me out to this post which seems related to older versions. The issue I'm having is with latest Beta7 which doesn't have this option.

• Thanks, @mattb308. I’ve split your discussion off into a new thread in the Mac Beta forum. Could you please let me know how it is that you’re closing the main window?

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattb308,

The issue I'm having is with latest Beta7 which doesn't have this option.

When you click the Browsers icon in 1Password Preferences, do you see this Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running setting?

If it's off, make sure to turn it on. And if it's already on, turn it off and back on again.

Does that help? Let us know if you're still having trouble, and also the answer to Ben's question:

Could you please let me know how it is that you’re closing the main window?

Thanks!

• mattb308
    mattb308
    Community Member

Yes, I do see that one and it is enabled.

• mattb308
    mattb308
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I'm closing the main window by pressing CMD+Q to quit the application. In previous Beta builds that actually didn't work - nothing happened when I tried to CMD+Q - but now it works but has the unfortunate effect of closing the 1Password Mini app (or whatever that is now called in Beta7)

Update - disabling that setting and then quitting 1Password prompted a dialog that asked me to enable the extension so things could run in the background. Seems to be working properly now. Thank you soooo much; that's been driving me nuts!

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.