"1Password has stopped working" pop-up

Options
the_benlow03
the_benlow03
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello.

Whenever I am starting up my computer, I encounter an issue with 1Password. During this process though, a pop-up pops up that says "1Password for Windows has stopped working." It usually shows up at least three times, but 1Password still works fine. I have attached an image of the pop-up. Any ideas/help appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.0.543
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @the_benlow03,

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with 1Password! We need to find out the reason for those crashes.

I'd like to ask you to save a crash report from your PC, so we could take a closer look:

Save a crash report for 1Password for Windows

Attach the crash report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post it in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• the_benlow03
    the_benlow03
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg Just a question. When I pull up the list of reports as it says to do in the link you provided, there are thousands of different reports. Is there a certain kind of report that I should be looking for?
    Thanks,
    Ben

• @the_benlow03: Type isn't quite so relevant so much as timing. Problems with dependencies can also lead to 1Password crashing (.NET is a common source of crashes), and it's not always obvious what plays a role. You'll want the events going back to the approximate time 1Password crashed, but I always say to err on the side of too much info over too little. The worst that will happen is we'll need to sort through some meaningless Windows errors and that's okay. :+1:

• the_benlow03
    the_benlow03
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Ok, cool. Thanks. I'll get on that now.

• Awesome, thanks @the_benlow03! As Greg mentioned, be sure to drop the Support ID you get here so we can hunt down your crash report and take a peek. I'm still around for some time today, in fact, so if you're speedy I may be able to take a look before I scoot. :chuffed:

• the_benlow03
    the_benlow03
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate I just sent the email. The Support ID is [#ZUB-78188-422]. Since the crashes have happened multiple times over the last few days, I include the last three days worth of crash reports in the attachment. Sorry if it creates extra work...

Thanks for your help on this.
    Ben

• @the_benlow03: No worries at all! I found the bits I was looking for and replied to you via e-mail, so we'll keep things rolling over there. Thanks for sending the report over! :chuffed:

ref: ZUB-78188-422

This discussion has been closed.