VoiceOVer: Unlabeled button in 1Password 7 app

Scott_H
Scott_H
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

There is an unlabeled button in the 1Password app running in the menu bar that dismisses the app window.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Enable VOiceOver
2. Activate 1Password app from the menu bar (where the clock is located)
3. Press Control-Option-Space bar to activate 1Password 7
4. Locate the unlabeled button adjacent to the action menu button (options gear button)

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-12 (70000012)
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5 Beta (17F70a)
Sync Type: 1Password or Families

Comments

• Hey @Scott_H! 1Password mini has been fully redesigned in the latest beta of 1Password 7, so I'd recommend updating to that and giving it a try. :) Let me know what you think!

• Scott_H
    Scott_H
    Community Member

Hey Jacob,

Thanks and thanks for letting me know a new version was out. I checked and sure enough… Yes, that made a difference and resolved that unlabeled button issue. However, now pressing escape does not dismiss the window, which is why I was using the unlabeled button. :) I have to either type something in the search field and then press escape or just switch away from the window and it is dismissed. Should the user be able to press escape without entering anything in the search field? Maybe I opened 1Password Mini and decided I didn't need that for now, would you normally just press escape to close that window?

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know. We'll see if we can improve that. I'm not sure I've ever had a need to do that, but I think Escape working there would be helpful. :)

This discussion has been closed.