1Password 7 App - Crash

jacobsm
jacobsm
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

For the last couple of betas when I open the 1Password 7 application on my MacBook Pro it's crashing. 1PasswordX on the same device doesn't crash.

I'm trying to attach the crash report, but every file format I've used isn't allowed. It's also too large to post in the message itself. How can I send the report to you?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jacobsm,

When you relaunch, are you asked to submit a crash report? Those do come to us. So if you are prompted to submit, put your name or jacobsm in the name field and submit it, and we'll be able to find it.

If you aren't asked to submit a report, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90012/1password-7-app-crash#latest
    • Your forum username: jacobsm

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Thanks,
    Kevin

• jacobsm
    jacobsm
    Community Member

Crash information has been sent. For your reference, your support ID is [#CMT-82366-525]. I've also sent several crash reports from the MacBook Pro.

I'm not experiencing the problem on a MacMini using the same 1Password account and beta app. MacBook Pro is 10.13.4, the MacMini is 10.13.3.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018

Thanks for the report, @jacobsm. :)

Ben

ref: CMT-82366-525, apple-1165

• polarweasel
    polarweasel
    Community Member

Is this a crash when you wake the machine from sleep (or otherwise unlock the machine)? If so, seeing the same issue, and have submitted the crash reports every time. I believe the issue went away in the first RC, but it's back now in the second (beta-18).

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

@polarweasel welcome to the forum!

In addition to the crash report you sent when the crash occurred, do you think you can send a diagnostic report using the instructions provided by ag_kevin as well? Thanks :).

• polarweasel
    polarweasel
    Community Member

@jadchaar sure, can do. Does the timing matter for creating a report? Should I create one right after the next crash, or is any old time fine?

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

@polarweasel if the crash occurs often, it would be great if you could generate the report immediately after. If not, you can send one now and if it does not show anything useful, we may ask you to send another when the crash occurs.

• polarweasel
    polarweasel
    Community Member

@jadchaar Tried to make a crash by sleeping the machine and waking it back up, but it didn't work. Did a report and sent just now anyway.

Suggestion: make the built-in crash reporter do a diagnostic report. You'd get a lot more of them that way. :)

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@polarweasel thank you for taking the time to send us the diagnostics report. We have received it and will be in touch shortly.

Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly, given the nature of the crash reporter and app sandboxing, it makes it hard for us to integrate the two. That said, we may look into improving this workflow in the future. :)

ref: PIS-26556-599

This discussion has been closed.