Beta 16 bug: Toggling 1Password mini on/off with command+open+\ fails (only esc closes window)

greghoch
greghoch
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

previously I could make 1Password mini appear and disappear by pressing command+open+\ multiple times. Now the second time I press command+open+\, the 1Password mini window reappears. Only esc closes the window. That doesn't make any sense and is extremely inconvenient.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi greghoch,

Thanks for the bug report. Does this happen only in your web browser? If so, which browser do you use?

• greghoch
    greghoch
    Community Member

Happens in Chrome for sure. But it also happens when a different application is in the foreground.

First time key-combo: Mini window appears
    Second time key-combo: Mini window disappears and immediately reappears (basically flickers)
    Third time key-combo: Mini window disappears and immediately reappears (basically flickers)

How it should work:
    Second time key-combo: Mini window disappears
    Third time key-combo: Mini window appears

• I am not able to recreate :(

• Yes, that does sound like the same issue. Now we need to figure out steps to reliably reproduce the bug, since I'm not seeing that behavior on my machines either.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

@chadseld I can submit a screen recording or debug log. Just let me know.

• Can you email a screen recording to support+beta@1password.com ? Put this comment id 430673, somewhere in the title, so that I can find it. Thanks.

• greghoch
    greghoch
    Community Member

Hi,

I just emailed a screen recording to support+beta@1password.com with the comment id both in the email subject line and in the filename.

The recording does not show the keypresses. But each flicker of the 1Password window happens when I press command+. The window disappear at the end when I press esc.

Here is how I think it should work and how it worked before BETA 16:
    Second time key-combo: Mini window disappears
    Third time key-combo: Mini window appears

• chadseld
    edited May 2018

Thanks, I was able to watch the recording. It looks just like something we can fix.

ref: WXJ-59878-159

This discussion has been closed.