new mini quick open shortcut doesn't always work

mlebarron
mlebarron
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

On this site actually, command + / doesn't open mini, but if I open a new tab it works over there.

Also doesn't work when I'm logged into freshbooks, although on the sign in page it will auto fill when I hit command + /

This happens in both Chrome and Safari.

1Password Version: 7 beta 16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Command-/ will fill the matching login if there is one. If there are no matching logins, or more than one match, it will open the mini window.

Command-Option-/ will always open the mini window regardless of the number of matching logins, and it won't try to fill automatically.

So, I think this is the correct behavior, aside from the issue of what happens when there is no form to fill on the page (as is the case with this forum). I'll follow up with the extension folks to see what we can do.

• mlebarron
    mlebarron
    Community Member

Yeah I don't know. Historically I remember command-/ always ending up opening the window somehow unless I was at the login screen doing an autofill. It seems like now since I only have one login for this site, and I'm already logged in so there's nothing to fill, it just doesn't open at all with command-/ although that's what I'm expecting to happen.

Essentially, on sites where I only have one login, when I'm already in, command-/ does nothing, I don't remember that being the case in previous versions.

on sites where I have multiple, logged in or not, command-/ brings up mini

I've literally never used command-option-/ until now this moment.

• mlebarron
    mlebarron
    Community Member

When 1Password is locked, even if I have a single login, command-/ opens mini, unlocks it, and lets me use it. hitting command-/ again does not bring it back.

Obviously it doesn't know I have only one login until it's unlocked, but I really don't recall this being the behavior before

• That locked behavior is new, and it's a bug. We will fix it and perform a fill upon unlock if possible.

• mlebarron
    mlebarron
    Community Member

well I'm already logged in, there's nothing to fill. if there's nothing to fill will it just unlock and go away?

Kind of goes back to how I'm expecting 1password to open with command-/ at the start of this thread :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, sorry for the trouble there. 1Password is intended to fill if it can when you press ⌘ \, and when it can't, it should show you a list of relevant items. If you just want to open 1Password mini and not fill, ⌘ ⌥ \ is your friend. We'll get it working more consistently too though. :)

This discussion has been closed.