Can the Mac safari plugin have the 1passwordX style?

fyonn
fyonn
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

So I've got 1password 7 beta running my my Mac hooked into safari, and 1passwordX running in chrome on my PC. I quite like the style of 1passwordX with the elements in the login forms in pages etc but I appreciate that you can't run it within safari, however, could you make the current 1password safari plugin look and act the same way?

1Password Version: 7-BETA-16
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: subscription

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fyonn: I don't think we're going to make it the same, as 1Password for Mac has functions 1Password X does not. But the latest betas have the new 1Password mini design, which is definitely inspired by 1Password X. And of course there's nothing stopping you from using 1Password X in Chrome or Firefox now too. Cheers! :)

• fyonn
    fyonn
    Community Member

I guess I was hoping for the little 1password icons in login boxes, with the matching dropdown that I quite liked, but we'll see how it looks when 7 officially comes out I suppose :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fyonn: It may be that we do something like that in the future. But then again, if you prefer the 1Password X style, you can always just use 1Password X in Chrome or Firefox. I don't like using Chrome so much when I'm running off a battery because although it's improved in efficiency, it's still not great. But I'm really liking the new Firefox. :)

As a bit of trivia, I myself was surprised to learn that a lot of the 1Password X design was first conceived for 1Password for Mac, but it was much easier to develop the extension than a brand major app upgrade. But at the same time, some of the things we found worked in 1Password X have since been incorporated into the new 1Password mini design in version 7 of the Mac app. And we'll continue to take feedback real world experience and use those to iterate on both. But at the same time, I still find nothing beats ⌘ \ with 1Password for Mac for filling. :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.