[Request] [New Mini] - Resizing Doesn't Resize Sidebar

jfelchner
jfelchner
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I can't screenshot this because #security but the sidebar contains the usernames of similarly titled logins, which can be longer, so if I resize mini to get more space, the sidebar doesn't resize, but the main panel does, which results in a ton of wasted space.

So:

a) The sidebar should be resizable independent of the main panel.
b) The proportional width of the sidebar vs the main panel should be retained during a resize (if the sidebar is 20% of the full window width, it should remain at 20% after the window is resized.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jfelchner: I'm with you on (a), as I'd like to be able to resize that as well. I can't promise anything, but I'll bring it up with the team and we'll evaluate that along with the other competing feedback for the new design. However, (b) is a bit more problematic: what if I want the sidebar to stay the size I set it to, and not expand proportionally when resizing the window as a whole? That's a tricky one, but something else we can discuss. Thank you for the suggestions! :)

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

@brenty I'll take (a), but (b) makes sense because after a certain size (which happens very quickly), resizing the right pane is pointless. Even for the info view. All you're doing is adding more empty space. So, when resizing, what are the odds that the users are going to want to expand only the right panel? Especially in mini?

Regardless, if (a) happens, I'll be able to get by.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jfelchner: I think both are good ideas. It just seems like (a) doesn't have any real caveats and (b) would require more consideration. I'll bring both up with the team though. :)

ref: apple-1391

This discussion has been closed.