Not all items shown after import

BitBat
BitBat
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When importing a large number of items, 1Password only shows a few of them in the main window, until you close/minimize and restore the window.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Export all your items (I used export to 1pif)
2. Delete all your items.
3. Import the 1pif created in step 1.
4. Observe item count in the left navigation bar and item list.

Expected results:
All items should be shown right away.

Actual results:
I exported and imported 316 items (the import dialog listed that they were correctly imported) and the main window only listed 24 items, until I closed the main window and reopened it, at which point all items were visible.

1Password Version: 7.0b16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @BitBat! Sorry for the importing troubles. I'm glad it appears to have been just limited to displaying the items and not a more-serious problem with the import itself. I'm not able to replicate that issue here myself, unfortunately. The display should usually refresh pretty quickly, and show you all of the imported items. You'll be taken to the tag that gets added to imported items (which can be removed), but you can switch to "All Items" and should be able to see everything. If you're willing to experiment with it, I'd be curious if you can replicate the issue (maybe by creating a test vault and importing the same items into it). Also - were you importing items into a standalone vault, or a 1password.com vault?

• BitBat
    BitBat
    Community Member

I can replicate this on two machines, regardless of re-using my current vault or creating a new one. Clicking "All Items" will just show me the 24 again. I waited several seconds, clicked other categories and besides closing/minimizing and restoring the window, nothing seemed to fix the display issue.
    My vaults are standalone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming. We'll see if we can track down the cause. Just glad all of your data imported correctly, in spite of the display glitch. :)

This discussion has been closed.