7.0-B16 Tags are Not Sorted Alphabetically in 1Password Mini

HenryY
HenryY
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

For some reason tags are sorted correctly (alphabetically) in the main app, but not in 1Password Mini.

1Password Version: 7.0B-16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jackbrewster
    jackbrewster
    Community Member

Seeing the same behavior here.

I tried adding a new entry to a tag to see if the order is affected by most recently updated, but that didn't have any effect.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I concur: I can't even work out in what order the tags are showing in mini.

Edit: Sorry, I should have said this also applies in beta 18.

Stephen

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

Also, numbers are sorted first even if the preference for sorting numbers first is unchecked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks everyone for reporting this! I'm not sure what order that is either, so we'll get it fixed up. :)

Also, numbers are sorted first even if the preference for sorting numbers first is unchecked.

@HenryY: To be clear, if you're referring to tags, that's expected, as that preference only applies to items, but perhaps we can make it apply it to tags as well.

ref: apple-1211, apple-1320

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

Hi. Yes. I was referring specifically to tags. Just wanted to bring that up. I don’t mind either way, but it is inconsistent.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HenryY: Honestly, I'm not sure why it hasn't come up before. There may be a specific reason it works this way that I'm not aware of, but I agree that intuitively it seems like it would be better to have them both change — or change the preference text to make it clearer. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.