Touch ID not working

This discussion was created from comments split from: Touch ID stopped working after Keychain reset.

Comments

• kestryl
    kestryl
    Community Member

@gabemm

Do you have a set of step to delete all the necessary files? I'm seeing the same issue on my Mac... and it only affects 1Password 7 (if I roll back to 6 I don't see the issue).

• @kestryl

Did you reset your login and system keychains?

Ben

• kestryl
    kestryl
    Community Member

No... I just tried upgrading to 1Password 7.. but TouchID will not work for me at all (MacBook Pro only). Works fine on iPhone (both FaceID and TouchID).

• Okay. The thread you were posting in was about resetting the system and login keychains, and the steps required to get Touch ID working with 1Password after doing so. To avoid confusion I’ve split this conversation off into a new thread.

To get a better idea of what might be happening on your system I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90100/touch-id-not-working
    • Your forum username: kestryl

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.