Safari Browser Extension 4.7.1 not working with 7.0.0 BETA 18

rogerm
rogerm
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

There are several aspects that no longer seem to be working at the moment:

• Clicking the 1Password tool icon in the Safari toolbar only briefly flashes (deactivates but immediately re-activates) the browser window but does nothing else happens. I can no longer autofill usernames, passwords, etc. I now have to go to the macOS toolbar to open 1Password mini and use the search function to find the item I need and manually copy-paste the information into the browser.
  • When creating new passwords in the browser, 1Password no longer prompts to store/update the credentials. I have to open the 1Password app to manually create or edit an item.

Is there an updated version of the Browser Extension I should be using? I can't seem to find anything newer than 4.7.1/

1Password Version: 7.0.0 BETA 18
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5 Beta
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rogerm: It sounds like there's something wrong with Safari. 1Password definitely works there (this is the first report I've seen to the contrary), but Safari can easily get mixed up -- especially since we were using a Safari app extension in earlier betas. Please do the following to ensure that things are cleaned up:

1. Go to Safari Preferences > Extensions and remove anything there called "1Password"
    2. Quit Safari
    3. Quit 1Password completely -- Command Option Control Q
    4. Drag 1Password to the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install a fresh copy of 1Password: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7
    7. Install a fresh copy of the extension: https://1password.com/browsers/

That should do the trick. Please let me know how it turns out. :)

• rogerm
    rogerm
    Community Member

Yep, that did the trick! Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.