Choosing the "default" account for a site

etc
etc
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Something I've pined for in 1Password for a long time is the ability to set defaults or priority for accounts. Is this something that 1Password is looking to add eventually? As the db grows, this becomes a larger and larger issue, especially for "power users."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@etc: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! There is no "default"; rather, 1Password will, when you press ⌘ \, fill the login matching that URL if there is only one, or give you a list to choose from if there is more than that. You can mark some as Favorites if you want them at the top of the list, but the only way to not have to choose is to have only one login for the site. Otherwise 1Password has no way of knowing which you want to use at any given time. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• etc
    etc
    Community Member

Hi there! Thanks for the response.

I'm aware of the current practice, but hoping 1Password implements some kind of meta management that will allow me to prioritize passwords, etc. For example, my "google" entry brings up 20-30 different logins (client emails, etc) making the entire thing unwieldy.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

I have a lot of Google accounts myself, but I don't think our usage is very typical. ;) We'll see if there are things we can do in the future, but in the mean time Favorites, tags, and good-old-fashioned clever naming can help a lot. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.