1 P versions

ronen
ronen
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I'm with 1P from Appstore
Version 6.8.9 (689000) Mac App Store
I notice another version as describe in another website .see pic
What is the difference between these 2 versions apart from one from App Store and the other from your website ?

And why my ver isn't with refresh design ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @ronen,

1Password 7 (pictured in your screenshot) is a separate product sku in the mac app store. It also does not have a standalone purchase in the Mac App Store anymore.

If you're using a 1Password.com subscription then you can download it from either the Mac App Store or directly from our download page.

If you're wanting a license then the only option is downloading directly from our website.

Rudy

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thank you

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @ronen,

If you have any other questions about 1Password please do ask :smile:

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi again .
    Question please
    Is my AppStore ver** 1Password 6** have lower security then the new 1Password 7 ?
    Meaning : is the 7 ver only benefit better user interface and not higher security ?
    Thanks

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronen, 1Password 6 is no longer being developed, so you may miss out on new security updates.

1Password 7 is the most-comprehensive upgrade we’ve released in years. We reconsidered and retooled nearly every aspect of 1Password for this release, from the gorgeous new mini to increased security. You will want to upgrade if these new features sound good to you:

• Watchtower 2.0 (now with 100% more superpowers!)

• Built-in integration with Troy Hunt’s pwned passwords service to easily check your passwords.
      • Two-factor authentication-enabled sites you might not know about (complete with direct links to how to enable it for each account).
      • Expiring items list - know when you need to renew credit cards, passports and more!
    • New, fuzzy search-powered Quick Open, to take you right to the item you need.

• Duplicate items remover - quickly and easily compare items and remove duplicates in your vaults.
    • Spotlight integration - find your 1Password items with Apple’s built-in search engine.
    • Complete redesign of every aspect of the user interface, from the new dark sidebar to a custom, easy-to-read password font to gorgeous new monogrammed icons for items without a custom icon.

And if you’re not sure whether 1Password 7 is for you, you can try it for a whole month free when you sign up for a 1Password membership.

• PhyberOptik
    PhyberOptik
    Community Member

How do I know which version of 1PW I have? I don't remember if I downloaded the standalone version or if I have a membership. Currently I'm running 6.5.3.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi @PhyberOptik, since we need to discuss account specific details, we'll need to move to email. Could you send us an email to support+forum@1password.com? Please include a link to this forum thread, and reply here with your Support ID that you'll receive in an automated email. That'll help us connect the dots.

In the meantime, you can download and upgrade to 1Password 6.8.9. Once we get back to you, you can decide whether or not you would like to upgrade to 1Password 7 :smile:.

ref: TUC-63676-292

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi jadchaar.
    Very disappointed that ver 6 is no longer being developed.

1. On 2014 Iv'e purchased 1P for $50 and now I find myself in a situation to need to upgrade for a better security with additional payment !
    2. When I purchased the ver 6 I thought that the price include upgrades .
    3. you've decide to upgrade with a better security version ( Main and important basic 1P attribute ) that I need to pay again .
    4. What if you will decide to again upgrade in short time ? will another payment needed ?????
      6.Again , Very disappointed and if this is the situation I will look for another alternative .
  • Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronen! 1Password accounts (which we introduced back in 2016) include free upgrades, while licenses have always been and will remain per-version. If you're interested in avoiding those pesky upgrade costs a 1Password account would be perfect for you. :wink:

Once you sign up, you'll get 1Password 7 right away, and the same for every upgrade in the future, on all of your devices! There are also many more advantages like trouble-free seamless syncing, web access to your data, secure document storage, Item History, and the Secret Key and optional 2FA for additional security.

You can sign up right here on our website and then follow our wonderful guide here to migrate your data and devices to your shiny new account!

Let me know if you need any help along the way.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thank you.
    How can I upgrade from my present 1P ver 6.8.9 (689000) Mac App Store to ver 7 ?
    (From AppStore for all my Apple devices ( iMac + iPad and iPhone ) sync via iCloud )
    I dont want to pay monthly

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

If you want a standalone licence (which a number of us do still prefer and use) you must buy the AgileBits' store version and, when you go through the setup screen, be very careful to choose Need a license? We have those too.—which is in rather small type at the bottom of the screen luring you to subscribe.

The App Store version is subcription only—in other words, you can't get a standalone licence through the App Store any more.

Stephen

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Ok. I’ve decieted to upgrade from my current AppStore ver to ver 7 membership.
    Please advise how to upgrade without loosing my data / transfer from 6 to 7.
    On my iMac and iPhone and iPad
    Thank you very much

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi again @ronen! You can follow our guide here to migrate all your data and devices, then download the new 1Password 7 app afterwards.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thanks

• On behalf of the team you’re most welcome @ronen. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

@Henry Download the new 1Password 7 from AppStore?
    I prefer from AppStore with monthly payment
    Thanks

• You can definitely do that. 1Password 7 is available in the App Store, but it’ll be listed as a separate app from 1Password 6 (i.e. it won’t appear as an update).

Ben

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi Again.
    I am sorry but I really need help !
    A bit confused from the instructions replies and need to have simple but detailed instructions ...
    I now have the 1P Version 6.8.9 (689000) Mac App Store
    I want to upgrade to Ver 7 also AppStore ver with all future upgrades and use on all of my devices !
    I think with monthly payments .. ( Or advance yearly payment .)
    Also to transfer my present data .
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks again.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

H E L P !!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ronen: As Henry mentioned, you can get all of the apps with a 1Password.com membership. That also includes any updates, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. You can follow this guide to sign up and migrate your data:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Thank you
    Before that. What to do with my iOS 1P apps ? Reinstall them ?
    What if my main 1P in my iMac ? I don’t have barcode for that.
    Do I need to delete the present apps. ?
    Do I need to delete iCloud syncing? How ?

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Ps -Can i use 1P AppStore ver with the account ?
    I wish to finish the upgrade to ver 7 so pleas please reply.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

If its too much trouble for you i will find another solution/ app

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronen, apologies for my miscommunication on my previous comment. I meant to say that 1Password 6 is no longer actively developed. It will not receive new features, but we will update it if a critical security fix is needed :smile:.

We will always put the security of our customers first :+1:.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you

@ronen: You're welcome! :chuffed:

Before that. What to do with my iOS 1P apps ? Reinstall them ?

That shouldn't be necessary. If you follow the migration guide using your main device, that will also take you through setting up the others afterward.

What if my main 1P in my iMac ? I don’t have barcode for that.

Once you've signed up for a 1Password.com account, you should save your Emergency Kit in case you ever need it. Both that and any app/browser you authorize will have your Secret Key and Setup Code:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Do I need to delete the present apps. ?

No.

Do I need to delete iCloud syncing? How ?

Also covered in the guide we've directed you to. After migrating your data to the account, you'll delete your old vault on each device. Since 1Password.com vaults do not use iCloud to sync data, you will not be using that any more -- at least for 1Password.

If its too much trouble for you i will find another solution/ app

I'm not sure what you mean here, but certainly if another app is a better fit for your needs we're happy for you to use that. We want people to use 1Password because they love it as much as we do. And we'd certainly rather you use a competitor's product than nothing at all. It's a jungle out there, and more people using password managers to secure their digital lives is a net benefit to us all. :)

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thank you
    I love 1P but I’m not in the computer filed.
    I dont mind to pay for an App but now i am with 1P AppStore ver in all my devices ( iMac and iPad and iPhone) iCloud syncing
    And i wish to continue using the AppStore versions in all my devices with all benefits
    BUT I dont now how to start making the upgrade / changes,,,
    For you it’s simple. For me it’s complicated so I asked for a guided procedure to make it happen
    Very confused 8-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you I love 1P but I’m not in the computer filed.

@ronen: That's totally okay! Most 1Password users aren't IT professionals, just everyday folks who want to secure their digital lives. :)

I dont mind to pay for an App but now i am with 1P AppStore ver in all my devices ( iMac and iPad and iPhone) iCloud syncing
    And i wish to continue using the AppStore versions in all my devices with all benefits

No problem! Both the 1Password iOS and Mac apps are available in the App Store, and support 1Password.com memberships. :chuffed:

BUT I dont now how to start making the upgrade / changes,,,
    For you it’s simple. For me it’s complicated so I asked for a guided procedure to make it happen
    Very confused 8-)

Did you try this guide?

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Definitely let us know if you have any questions along the way. We're here for you! :)

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi.
    Sorry for reopening...
    I’m happy with my 1p ver 6.
    Syncing via iCloud to all my Apple devices
    Why should I pay again for ver 7 ?
    If there is a 1p user discount, I will consider buying the 7 ver.
    Can you convince me to upgrade?
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ronen: You don't have to pay again for 1Password 7; each license only needs to be purchased once per person. You can find pricing and details of what's new in the announcement:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

Cheers! :)

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thanks
    My present ver is an AppStore
    Paid to AppStore
    If I’ll upgrade to ver 7 via your website, will I pay ?
    If not ( hoping) then I’ll immediately do the upgrade

This discussion has been closed.