How to move from having passwords stored on your servers to local store?

Options
richardburt
richardburt
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

With 1password.eu being blocked here in Russia I'd like to move my password vaults to OneDrive but can't find any way of doing this?
I had thought that v7 would have an export function but it doesn't seem to be there.

Can 1Password for Android (v7 beta) access vaults on OneDrive?

Any hints or suggestions please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @richardburt,

Thanks for writing in. It is concerning but not surprising that they’d block 1Password in Russia.

There’s no option yet to export your 1Password data on the 1Password.eu website, it’ll need to be downloaded into the client apps and then exported from there. We plan to add it on the website in the future but no timeframe.

You can use 1Password 7 for WIndows to create a new standalone vault (after signing in to your 1Password.eu account if you can use a VPN or something like that), copy all of your items from the 1Password account to this standalone vault. Note that it will not include custom icons, custom categories or Documents as they’re stored differently from the standalone vault formats. You can manually download the Document items and then attach them to items in the standalone items. Unfortunately, the first 7.0 release won’t include the option to create custom icons for standalone vaults, so you may want to save them on drive until we can implement it in a future update.

Yes, the most recent beta of 1Password 7 for Android now supports OPVault via Folder sync, so you can install OneDrive app on there and have 1Password access the OPVault folder stored in OneDrive.

I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.