Removed "Trial" from 1Password for Windows when original app was bought in Apple

I have 1Password on all my Apple devices, and sync them through Dropbox. i also have a couple Windows 10 computers and I want 1Password on those. I've download 1Password 4, and have it linked to Dropbox, but it says "Trial." Since my initial purchase was through the App Store in Mac, there is no license key. How do remove the Trial from the windows version?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @bacon1122,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you purchased 1Password in the Mac App Store, your previous purchase did not include 1Password 4 for Windows. If you are planning to use 1Password on all of your devices now (including Windows PC), I would recommend you to sign up for 1Password account and migrate your data there, because we no longer sell standalone licenses for 1Password 4 for Windows. You can learn more about the benefits of 1Password accounts in this article on our website:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you prefer standalone licenses and local vaults, you can purchase a license for 1Password 7 for Windows, which will be released soon:

1Password 7 for Windows Release Candidate is here and yep, it is totally lit

But I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password accounts as it is the best way to get 1Password for all your devices and spread the update costs out across monthly payments to make sure you stay up to date.

Let me know if you have any other questions, we are always here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• bacon1122
    bacon1122
    Community Member

But the 1Password account won't let me use the password I've already set up on my Mac and iOS devices. It will only take a really complicated one. The whole Idea was for me to remember my simple password to access 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bacon1122: The 1Password app will unlock using the first account/vault you have setup there. So if you use a different Master Password on other devices, that's why.

Similarly, your 1Password.com account will use the Master Password you setup for it. If you feel it is too complicated, you can always change it through the website. But I'd encourage you to consider practicing it. We have a great guide to using a long, strong, unique Master Password, as that is going to be best for you security:

How to choose a good Master Password

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.