Beta version reverting back to v 4.6.2.626

Sqrwhlz
Sqrwhlz
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I waited forever for this version of 1PW. I have the android version and had a Windows demo version 4.6.2.626 when I installed the Beta of Version 7. I never received any updates to 1PW or a banner offering me the opportunity to upgrade. Today when I used the program I found that it was read only. After digging around, I discovered that the base program reverted back to the Demo version, switched back to the Keychain Vault and the Chrome Extention is version 7.0.558 and is not responding as expected when I click on certain buttons (sometimes not responding at all). And, when I look on the website I do not see an offer to upgrade. I don't see and option for version 7 at all. Am I missing something? I just want to upgrade to the full version for 39.99.

1Password Version: Beta 7
Extension Version: Chrome 7.0.558
OS Version: Win 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sqrwhlz,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the troubles.

If you are running the latest version of 1Password 7 Beta for Windows, you should be able to go to 1Password (upper left corner) > License > Buy Now.

You can also try to purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Windows directly on our website here.

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Sqrwhlz
    Sqrwhlz
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

After hours of tinkering, i have determined that the Beta version reverted back to the old Demo version 4.6.2.626 for whatever reason. The logins that I added recently were gone because the beta version switched vaults back to the Demo vault as well. I switched vaults allowing me to see and use the recently added logins however, the mini was read only. I followed your link above and purchased 1P7 according to my receipt. when I downloaded the actual program I noticed that I downloaded version 6.8.534 not version 7. when I tried to install it i was stuck on the old Demo version. Finally, I decided to uninstall the Demo version. This got me up to version 6.8.534. I guess the Demo version had a strangle hold on my laptop.

So, I now wonder how to get to version 7. I see in my download history I have version 7.0.532 BETA on 4/5/2018. Should I install that then redownload from your website?

At present time I do not see an option for version 7 on your website.

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Hi @Sqrwhlz,

Uninstall all 1Password apps you see via Control Panel > Uninstall a program, it won't touch your data.

Once you do that, use this link to download 1Password 7.0.558 Final Release Candidate build. This should be our stable release very soon, once this is released, it'll be on our download site as well.

• Sqrwhlz
    Sqrwhlz
    Community Member

Hi Mike T.

Thank You! I am up and running.

Have a great evening.

• That's great to hear! Thanks for being patient with while we figured that out.

If there's anything else we can do for you, do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.