Still on beta channel after autoupdate to 7.0.558

Options
sniem
sniem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,
From the release notes:
"After this update is installed, 1Password will now only check for stable updates for those on the stable channel. Check your 1Password update settings to make sure you're on the right channel and we'd love for you to change it to beta to help us test 1Password 7.1 next. :) {OPW-1983}"

From my understanding that means that my update settings should have changed to stable channel and you would like me to change it back to beta again to later get 7.1 beta updates? Or am I just confused (I'm still on beta channel after the auto update and don't have anything to change)?

1Password Version: 7.0.558 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Pro x64 German Insider build 17677
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi there @sniem,

Thank you for getting in touch!

All pre-release of 1Password 7.0 for Windows checked for beta updates for anyone on stable update channel, but it stopped doing so in 1Password 7.0.558. As we're now nearing our first stable release of 1Password 7, we're going to start shipping stable updates.

However, if you want to receive beta updates in the future and have a beta channel enabled in 1Password 7.0.558 Beta, you should be all set now. Sorry for this confusion!

Let me know if it helps. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for answering, Greg.
    So was it a bug then that my 1pw still was on beta channel after the update to 7.0.558?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @sniem,

No, it isn't a bug. We're not changing anyone's update settings in this update, all we're doing now is that we're no longer treating "stable" channel as "beta" internally.

Since there is no stable version of 1Password 7 released yet, all first alpha/beta pre-release builds of 1Password 7 regardless of "stable"/"beta" update settings are getting beta updates to ensure everyone is up to date with latest fixes. Now, if you install 1Password 7.0.558, it'll respect your stable channel setting and only check for the next stable update. If you install 7.0.552 for an example, it will install 557 beta even if you're configured 1Password to only check for stable update.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, thanks for clarification :)

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.