1Password and me (Feature Requests)

Options
KonradRi
KonradRi
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

I've been testing 1Password for a while and I like it very much. In the time I have noticed some missing things / wishes and summarize them all here.

• A way to change the vaults icon
  • An option to add the "webformdetails" in the category server (so that I have everything together in one server entry)
  • A way to change the vault masterpassword
  • Vivaldi (Chrome) Extension - when I create a new login, I only have the possibility to enter a new tag, a way to use the existing tags would be useful

I hope you'll put the proposals into practice.

greetings

1Password Version: 7.1.562
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Folder / Nextcloud

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @KonradRi,

Thanks for writing in with your requests, they really help us!

A way to change the vaults icon / A way to change the vault masterpassword

Definitely planned for a future update, we want to add dedicated vault manager to let you edit your vaults such as renaming it, adding custom vault icon, changing its password, and more.

An option to add the "webformdetails" in the category server (so that I have everything together in one server entry)

I'm not sure what you mean by that, web form details is a custom section we add for 1Password extension to use when filling.

It sounds like you want to embed a Login item or link two separate items as one item. We have something like that already for 1Password.com service, we call it Related Items. However, it is not available for standalone vaults. We'll see what we can do.

Vivaldi (Chrome) Extension - when I create a new login, I only have the possibility to enter a new tag, a way to use the existing tags would be useful

It's not for new tag only, you can add existing tags. I assume you want us to add auto-completion that we've added to the tags field? If yes, it is definitely planned. There's a reason we haven't done it yet but hopefully, you'll see this improvement soon .

I hope you'll put the proposals into practice.

Definitely, thanks for sharing them and please do keep them coming.

• KonradRi
    KonradRi
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

An option to add the "webformdetails" in the category server (so that I have everything together in one server entry)

I'm not sure what you mean by that, web form details is a custom section we add for 1Password extension to use when filling.

It sounds like you want to embed a Login item or link two separate items as one item. We have something like that already for 1Password.com service, we call it Related Items. However, it is not available for standalone vaults. We'll see what we can do.

On most servers you can manage the server via a web interface, I find the access data belong to the entry "Server". As with the attached image, only that you can use the email (or user) and password as a web form.

Vivaldi (Chrome) Extension - when I create a new login, I only have the possibility to enter a new tag, a way to use the existing tags would be useful

It's not for new tag only, you can add existing tags. I assume you want us to add auto-completion that we've added to the tags field? If yes, it is definitely planned. There's a reason we haven't done it yet but hopefully, you'll see this improvement soon .

YES :)

I noticed during further testing:

• in 1password main app I sometimes have a bug that prevents me from switching between the entries in the same tag, only when I change the tag I can display the details of the entry again (could not reproduce the error yet)
    • could suggest a day to get a useful structure (for example facebook in social)
    • general help to build a good tag structure
    • a function to import passwords from e.g. Lastpass (the converter is very cumbersome)
    • if there is nothing in the tag "Serials" in a tag "Serials\Windows\Test", nothing happens. i think it should open right now
    • I noticed that some tags are not stored in a standardized way, for example "Serials\Windows\Test" and "Serials/Windows/Test2".
    • a possibility to export wlan passwords stored in OS and save them in 1Password (from Windows, iOS, Android etc.)
    • Vivaldi (Chrome) Extension & 1Password Mini - If I search for something there and then copy something, the last entry remains when I reopen it, wouldn't it be better if the last search would remain?
    • maybe a tampleate for SIP accounts

to be continuned.

greetings

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @KonradRi,

On most servers you can manage the server via a web interface, I find the access data belong to the entry "Server".

In this case, anything that can be accessed via the web interface should be in the Logins category. 1Password extensions can only fill with Logins, Credit Cards and Identities (strict known data structure is easier to map with websites' structure) but mapping other categories makes it less accurate. We're working on a better system for this in the future but it is too early to say anything.

While we'd love to let you embed a Login item inside a Server item, it's not that easy and have a lot of sustainability issues that we'd have to work around. At this point, this isn't coming any time soon. The Server template is designed to keep a record of each server you use, not for filling like this.

1password main app I sometimes have a bug that prevents me from switching between the entries in the same tag, only when I change the tag I can display the details of the entry again (could not reproduce the error yet)

That is likely due to a sync in the background, it can't render a new item as most of its resources is going into syncing changes and accepting changes into its local database before its UI can do anything.

This is a big issue that we're working on optimizing right now but it may be a while before it'll be available for you.

could suggest a day to get a useful structure (for example facebook in social)

I'm not sure I understand this, can you clarify?

general help to build a good tag structure

Hmm, how would you suggest we do this? I understand what you're asking but if we didn't make this work without needing help, we've failed to keep this simple to use.

I assume you're referring to how to build a nested tag since not everyone knows yet that you need to use /. This is something we plan to work on in the future.

a function to import passwords from e.g. Lastpass (the converter is very cumbersome)

This is available on the 1Password.com site for 1Password accounts but we're planning on bringing the same import tools into the app itself for standalone customers to use in the future.

if there is nothing in the tag "Serials" in a tag "Serials\Windows\Test", nothing happens. i think it should open right now

We have a special handling to try to show a\b\c as nested but \ is not a nested tag separator. We're working on an update to let you change the entire tag but it'll take a bit of time to make it work.

At the moment, we're having some internal discussions as to what to show for parent tags; there are pros and cons for both way. If there is no item tagged with the parent tag, there's nothing to show. It's like your folders, if you have no files in the parent folders but they're all in subfolders, you don't see all files in the parent directory.

On the other hand, it would be nice to show all tagged items inside the parent tag. For now, you can use Serials\* in the item list's search field to show all tagged items with that parent tag. As soon as we figure out the path we want to take, we'll update all 1Password apps to be consistent.

noticed that some tags are not stored in a standardized way, for example "Serials\Windows\Test" and "Serials/Windows/Test2".

As mentioned, we have a special handling for \ for folks who were using that in the past without nested tags but we cannot modify user's data as per policy, so we can't switch them to / and they may not be originally named like that for nesting purposes.

As soon as we implement the ability to rename tags, we'll likely remove the special handling for \.

a possibility to export wlan passwords stored in OS and save them in 1Password (from Windows, iOS, Android etc.)

That is something that usually is hard to do because the OS is correctly protecting and blocking them from other apps from reading it. You don't want any apps to know what passwords you have in the OS, it's a security issue.

If it is possible, we'll look into it but it's likely be far down the line.

Vivaldi (Chrome) Extension & 1Password Mini - If I search for something there and then copy something, the last entry remains when I reopen it, wouldn't it be better if the last search would remain?

Yes, it's something we're planning to do, we're just waiting to make sure this is the path we want to go with on all 1Password platforms before we change it. Consistency is becoming vital for us on all platforms but it can be difficult to align them all at the same time as our designs are different.

maybe a tampleate for SIP accounts

Custom templates are something that's in beta right now for 1Password Teams but we don't feel completely confident with it, so we're looking into another approach before it becomes available for everyone.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.