Dropbox sync issue with 1Password 7, complicated to enable sync

Options
Gator5000e
Gator5000e
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Ive been using 1Password since before v4 I used version 4 for a long time i felt that i wanted to support the company but keep my vaults local as i had been doing So i purchased the license for v7. All was seemingly going ok, except that i noticed changes made on my ios devices were not syncing to my windows program and vice versa. I never had this issue with v4. Version 4 was easy to set up with Dropbox sync. V7 makes you need to have a computer science degree to ensure everything syncs. And what does the help page say? Dropbox is complicated so use our sync system instead. Dropbox wasn't complicated in v4 but now its complicated in v7? Ok. It used to be easy to set up Dropbox sync in v4. Now the instructions make no sense. There is no menu setting to set up a sync with Dropbox. I am so truly disappointed at how difficult the company has made this in order to push folks to their subscription model. As it stands I feel I wasted my money unless this gets figured out .

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox?

Comments

• Gator5000e
    Gator5000e
    Community Member
    Options

Well, after trial and error i figured it out. I had to rename the vault i was using to something else by adding OLD to the end of the file name. For some reason, it seemed to work. Still, it should not have been that difficult and that suggestion was not found in any of the help articles.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Gator5000e,

Thanks for writing in.

I'm sorry to hear you had issues upgrading to 1Password 7.

It's not clear exactly what happened from your posts here but 1Password 7 only support OPVault format now and all 1Password 7 apps will be phasing out the older Agile Keychain vaults completely, which means there will be some oddities for users. We do provide a warning and instructions when you open the said vaults like so:

There's a link to help with syncing with the new vault depending on which sync option you're using.

Can you tell me if that was the situation, we'd love to improve 1Password to avoid this issue you had. We do plan to add a dedicated sync settings view to 1Password 7 in a future update, so that enabling Dropbox sync will simply put it in your Dropbox folder like 1Password 4.

This discussion has been closed.