Partial copy from notes

m3gg3b
m3gg3b
Community Member

only be able to copy the whole note, sometimes it would be useful if i can copy only a part of the notes entry in 1password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@m3gg3b: You can go into edit mode to copy any specific part of the note, but I agree it would be nice to be able to do so without that. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: android-131

• Jordan Zimmerman
    Jordan Zimmerman
    Community Member

This sucks! I use the notes field heavily. This is a major backward step in usability for me. Please bring back how it used to work

• chongo
    chongo
    Community Member

The inability to select part of a note is a significant flaw that was introduced into recent versions of 1Password.

We make heavy use of the notes fields. In 99.9% of the cases, while notes contains multiple paragraphs of information, we only need to copy a few words from the notes at a time.

Please restore the ability to select parts of notes.

Please also allow one to select and copy the title of the 1Password entry.

• peri
    edited August 2018

Hi @chongo and @Jordan Zimmerman. Are you both using 1Password 7 for Mac by chance? The reason I ask is because 1Password on Android has never supported copying parts of notes. It's not something that was removed--rather something that has never been added until now.

That said, this is indeed supported in our latest beta. Make sure you've updated, and you should be able to copy portions of Secure Notes!

• Jordan Zimmerman
    Jordan Zimmerman
    Community Member

Yes, I'm on the Mac. I'll take a look at the beta.

• @Jordan Zimmerman. Thanks! Just to clarify, I'm referring to 1Password for Android beta. This isn't yet supported on Mac.

• decay
    decay
    Community Member

Please bring back this functionality! This is a MAJOR regression.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@decay: It's not a regression. As Peri mentioned above, 1Password for Android has not had a way to copy partial text from notes in the past. It's something we're adding in version 7 though. Hopefully that will be available to everyone soon.

• decay
    decay
    Community Member

@brenty sorry, my mistake. I searched the forums for “notes copy” and this came up. I am referring to the Mac platform. This used to work on Mac until one of the updates. That’s the regression I’m talking about.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@decay: Thanks for clarifying! Sorry for the trouble there. It's a known issue since we had to make some changes to get away from using a web view for the notes field in the Mac app. It's something we'll be addressing in an update.

This discussion has been closed.