Can't autofill after reinstalling 1Password

beirne
beirne
Community Member

After upgrading 1Password on my Mac to version 7, I removed and reinstalled 1Password on my Google Pixel XL to regain access to the vault on Dropbox. That part now works, but I can't do autofill. If I go to an app where I have to sign in, I try both the autofill control and the alternate keyboard, typing in the master password and searching for the account in 1Password. I select the account after finding it but it does not paste the ID or password into the app, and it doesn't show the full username or fill password controls over the Swiftkey keyboard. If I try again it makes me type the master password again and takes me through the same drill. I have accessibility turned on in the app and 1Password turned on in the Accessibility menu. This all worked before the reinstallation. This also happens with my Samsung Tab 2.

1Password Version: 7.0 BETA-14
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 8.1.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @beirne. Thanks for reaching out! Did you enable Autofill and the accessibility service in Settings > Filling after reinstalling 1Password on Android?

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

Yes, that was where I said "I have accessibility turned on in the app and 1Password turned on in the Accessibility menu." I'll add that I meant the system accessibility menu for the second part of the sentence.

• Thanks @beirne. Can you go to Settings > Filling, and turn off Autofill. That will allow you to fill with just the accessibility service instead. Are you able to fill that way or do you see the same problem?

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

Thanks @peri. I just tried that and see the same problem. I got curious and then turned Autofill back on. I was asked to allow 1Password, so I hit the button for it. It still fails the same way, but now I have a thing with a magnifying glass and the words "Search 1Password" over the login area on Netflix rather that the autofill with 1Password (I think that was the wording before) box.

• Thanks for the update, @beirne. After searching for your Netflix Login, does it fill?

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

No, it just goes back to the Netflix login screen and has the 1Password Autofill notification box floating over the username field, just like before the lookup.

• Do you see the X button in the Autofill with 1Password prompt to dismiss the window or not?

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

I can't do screenshots of this, so I took some pictures with another device, which I have attached below. The first photo is what I see when I first start up the Netflix app. The second shows the results of finding Netflix in 1Password. I tapped on the first choice, which is my account. The third photo is what the screen looks like after I select the first Netflix item returned. It looks just like the initial photo but with a later timestamp.

• @beirne I'm sorry that you're encountering this issue. We've received a handful of reports that all seem to be pointing to a common cause. At the moment, it looks like there may be some unexpected interaction between 1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password 6.8 for Android. Others have reported that creating a new Login in 1Password for Android results in Autofill behaving as expected. Could I get you to try the following?

1. Create a new Netflix Login in 1Password for Android
    2. Switch to the Netflix app and tap on Autofill with 1Password
    3. Search for the newly created Netflix Login and then tap to fill

When you do this, do you see the username and password values fill in as expected?

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

yes, that makes a big difference. The Netflix entry I created in Android works fine and 1Password fills the username and password. The original one still does not work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation. On behalf of Verde, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that helped. We'll see if we can track down the cause and improve this. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

It seems I am having a similar issue with filling in Dunkin Donuts app. After I hit Autofill it shows me the list of accounts. After I choose 1 of them nothing is filled in the login and password. This used to work about a month ago.
    I am not sure if this is a problem with the latest versions of the Android app, or me switching from vault to the 1P subscription

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Disabling the Primary vault, and leaving only the Personal account helped. This was kind of unexpected feature.

• Thanks for chiming in, @mzel. If you try signing in from the Dunkin Donuts website in Chrome instead of the app, do you see the same problem?

• @beirne @mzel the latest beta version of 1Password includes a fix for an issue that was preventing Autofill from filling certain login items. Could I get you to try using Autofill again once you've updated to version 7.0.BETA-17?

• beirne
    beirne
    Community Member

That worked. I was able to log into Netflix, which was my test app for this, and could also get into my bank. Thanks!

• That's great! Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.