1Password extension bugs

Options
kop48
kop48
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm running into a couple of bugs across all of my machines when filling in logins using the extension in Chrome:
1. When the extension needs to be unlocked when invoking auto-fill, the form contents are filled correctly after that unlock, but the 1Password window stays open. Subsequent invocations doesn't bring up the window and just fills the form.
2. On some websites, the forms won't be filled unless I put the cursor into one of the fields. I suspect that this has to do with the fact that these forms are pre-filled with some text as hints until they receive focus.

1Password Version: 7.1.BETA-0
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.5 (17F77)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018
    Options

@kop48: Thanks for sharing feedback on the beta!

1. When the extension needs to be unlocked when invoking auto-fill, the form contents are filled correctly after that unlock, but the 1Password window stays open. Subsequent invocations doesn't bring up the window and just fills the form.

I'm not seeing that behaviour here. Which version of Chrome are you using, and what are the exact steps you're taking?

1. On some websites, the forms won't be filled unless I put the cursor into one of the fields. I suspect that this has to do with the fact that these forms are pre-filled with some text as hints until they receive focus.

Do you maybe have focus in the address bar? That can prevent 1Password from filling on the page. Let me know what you find!

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty

I'm not seeing that behaviour here. Which version of Chrome are you using, and what are the exact steps you're taking?\

I'm using 67.0.3396.99.

Repro:
    1. Quit Chrome
    2. Lock 1Password
    3. Launch Chrome
    4. Visit website that needs login detail
    5. Invoke 1Password with keyboard shortcut
    6. Unlock with TouchID

Expected:
    Login is filled and 1Password disappears

Actual:
    Login is filled and 1Password window stays on top (note that this is no 100% repro, I'm getting about 80% as I try this now).

Do you maybe have focus in the address bar? That can prevent 1Password from filling on the page. Let me know what you find!

I can't figure out the exact repro for this. Even when I lock and put focus on the address bar, it's still filling out the form correctly. I just know that it does happen sometimes. Is there some tracing that I can enable to see if I can capture the issue while it happens?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kop48: Thanks for clarifying. It looks like the macOS Touch ID prompt, 1Password mini, and the browser are all fighting for focus, so we're getting some odd side effects. I'm not certain this is something we can fix ourselves, but we're looking into it. Thank you for the additional details!

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Getting the same as you with #1 @kop48

I didn’t see your post so posted myself here https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/93879/inconsistent-1pw-mini-experience-with-touchid-unlock

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see you've got a conversation going over in that thread; let's keep it there (in one place) if you don't mind. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.