Mojave public beta (18A336e) has issues with 1Password Extension Helper (or vice-versa)

2»

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dmkahn - auto-sumbit is gone and likely not returning. The reasons for it have been posted multiple times in various threads here just in the last few days, so if you've been going through both beta and non-beta forum threads, you'll probably already know the answer. Essentially, Apple removed our ability to provide the feature, so it's not something we just suddenly decided to remove on our own.

• dmkahn
    dmkahn
    Community Member

Removed or required additional permissions?

other apps (in my case vmware fusion 11 and dropbox) provided a pop-up explaining why they wanted the accessibility permission and if you elected to approve it, took you to the settings pane to check the box (the app was already added). You had to unlock the panel to approve the app.

Not really sure why 1p can't consider doing that as an advanced option.

-David

• ag_kevin
    edited October 2018

Hi @dmkahn ,

To clarify, the capability has been removed from Safari. The Accessibility permission is not related to this and granting permission would not allow the functionality to work.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

Just installed the latest beta release 7.2.2.BETA-1 (70202001). Mojave 10.14.1 Beta (18B45d), Safari 12.0.1 (14606.2.100), 1P Extension same as 1P.

Tried to command-\ to fill a Twitter login (multiple accounts), selected what I wanted, it auto-filled but the 1P Extension window could not be dismissed without force-quitting 1P altogether. It blocked the login window on Safari: could not move the 1P window out of the way.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@testastretta - sorry for the trouble! I'm unable to reproduce that behavior with the same setup here; would you be willing to restart your Mac and give that another try?

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

I'm having the same behavior with the Extension window not disappearing with 7.2.2 on Mojave 10.14.1 Beta (18B50c)

• darrarski
    darrarski
    Community Member

When search window is opened from extension, it stays on top after choosing search result. It can't be dismissed with Esc, CMD+W or CMD+Q. It just stays on top, on the screen for ever. To dismiss it I have to quit 1Password completely. The issue first occurred after updating to latest beta version and it's 100% reproducible (happens ever time I open 1Password search window). I am attaching the screenshot of mentioned window, just to be clear which one I'm referring to.

1Password Version: 7.2.2.BETA-1 (70202001)
    Extension Version: 7.2.2.BETA-1
    OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

@lars Will do. If you don't hear from me, that did the trick :) Apple pushed another beta update last night, so one variable changed regardless... as always, appreciate the rapid responses from the 1P team.

• @testastretta,

Its already fixed, will be in the next beta shortly.

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

@rudy The support I receive continues to make me a loyal customer after 10+ years. Thank you.

• rudy
    edited October 2018

@testastretta,

:) :+1:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@testastretta - not gonna lie, rudy was undisputably The Man™ on that one. :)

• dmkahn
    dmkahn
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

@ag_kevin and @Lars, thanks for the replies.

I didn't realize they removed it completely. What about chrome? (though I realize consistency is probably more important here.)

I just wish I could retrain myself to stop waiting for the submit to happen automatically. I feel like an idiot every time I realize I'm waiting for something that is never going to happen.

-David

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dmkahn - we've elected to go the consistency route, you're right. We might be able to continue to offer auto-submit on Chrome and Firefox...but it just doesn't make a lot of sense, from a consistency standpoint as well as a usability standpoint. Auto-submit was great when it worked...but it didn't work often enough that it generated a fair amount of customer support for us that we could do nothing about. We obviously don't mind helping people with 1Password (we like to, in fact!), but having to have a back-and-forth over email or this forum that ends in "because of the way this page is designed, this will never work" satisfies no one, and takes up everyone's time. And a feature that's not consistently reliable is more of a liability than an asset. That, combined with the fact that 1Password for iOS does not have auto-submit, 1Password X does not have it, and that biggest browser (Safari) on macOS will not be able to use it going forward, all added up to us just deciding it was time to stop the music on auto-submit altogether.

This discussion has been closed.