Link main 1Password app better to Firefox 1Password extension

If I've recently logged into my 1Password app and keep it open, and I then try to use my Firefox 1P icon extension to log into a site, the Firefox 1Password extension again asks me for my password again, even though auto-lock expiry time is still a long way away. My pw is a long and secure pass-phrase, so having to re-type dozens of times a day is not all that trivial. I see this in my Firefox for Mac also. Is it possible for the two sides to communicate 'state' more effectively? I reason that if the main app is open and unlocked, the extension should not ask for the pw but should "just do it." Does this make sense? Do other users notice this, and do they notice it on other browsers besides Firefox? (I only use Firefox, but I use it and platform-specific 1Password apps on multiple machines on both platforms). Thanks!

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    On Windows, the 1Password stand-alone app and our browser extensions unlock independently. However, there is a feature that will keep our browser extensions unlocked (until auto-lock kicks in): File > Preferences > Browers > "Keep browser extensions unlocked" (as a result, our browser extensions will not lock themselves when you close down your web browser, and you don't have to enter your master password that often).
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, summitlake!

You can read all about this behavior in Why is my 1Password data locked? in the FAQ section of the user's guide, which is an excellent source of information about 1Password for Windows.
This discussion has been closed.