"We were unable to reach the server" / Chrome / OS X

foo
foo
Community Member

Chrome has notified the following several times during past few days. The internet connection is really working fine, but the login details won't update.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.8.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @foo,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I had hoped we squashed the last of the bugs that could cause this error to appear erroneously. I'll take a peek back at the code and see what might be causing a new session not to be created on the 1Password servers when saving items.

If and when you see this again, could you try leaving the save dialog open, locking 1Password X, unlocking, and then clicking the Update/Save button again? I'd be very curious to hear if that works and it will confirm that we still have a bug creating sessions on the 1Password server.

Thanks!

-Beyer

• jeffntx
    jeffntx
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Happening to me also -- when I locked and unlocked it worked so you found the bug to fix. Let me know when it's fixed!

• dalexand
    dalexand
    Community Member

I am also seeing this, on my wife's MacBook Pro. It pops up when I try to save a new password. The internet is fine. Please help, my wife keeps complaining about this!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jeffntx, @dalexand: This discussion is rather old, and we've released a few updates since then. Can you tell me the OS, 1Password X, and browser versions you're using?

• jeffntx
    jeffntx
    Community Member

@brenty It happens on Windows 7, Windows 10 (multiple machines) and the version of 1Password X is "most recent" but it would have been whatever was most recent on September 9th as I made sure I had that before I posted. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jeffntx: This will help you find the version number. The "most recent" assumption isn't a luxury we have, as your browser may not be updating it for you. In that same vein, it would, again, be helpful to know the specific browser version you're using. Thanks!

• dalexand
    dalexand
    Community Member

Hi there: on my wife's Mac:

Mac OS X: 10.12.6
    1PasswordX: 1.10.3
    Chrome: 69.0.3497.92

She says the problem is still happening, but it seems sporadic.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2018

@dalexand: Hmm. Then it sounds like it may be an actual network issue. Please share any errors in your background console logs from 1Password X:

1. Go to chrome://extensions/
    2. Turn on Developer mode in the top right
    3. In "1Password X - Password Manager" click the "background page" link
    4. Click the Console tab and copy/paste any red error messages (unless they're about message ports)
  • Gort
    Gort
    Community Member

Still happening to me as well. Happened this morning on 2 websites.

1. Removing and reinstalling the extension fixes it, for a while.
    2. My network connection is fine.
    3. Everything updated.
    4. Happens w/ both production and beta. Currently running beta.
    5. Automatically lock not selected.
    6. Chrome 69.0.3497.92.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Gort: I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting us know. If you're not already on the beta channel, please install that instead. We've got some changes in the works that should help. Keep an eye out for updates.

• Gort
    Gort
    Community Member

Thanks for letting me know. Cheers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for your patience while we work to get this sorted!

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

(moved to another thread)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

:) :+1:

In case it helps anyone else, version 1.11.0 stable was released yesterday for both Chrome and Firefox. That should do the trick, but we're here if you need us. :)

• foo
    foo
    Community Member

Now this seems to work a bit less than before.

When l lock and unlock after this error message is displayed, and then again click Save, nothing happens. Previously I could click Save after "lock and unlock" and login information was saved. Now I must lock and unlock, then close this view and open it again.

Mac OS X: 10.13.6
    1PasswordX: 1.11.0
    Chrome: 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, @foo.

I'm not sure why locking and unlocking would not solve the issue for you to be honest, but @beyer and I found and fixed a separate issue that could help. We just released beta 1.12.6 with this fix. Can you try it out and see if this helps?

If not, can you please attach your logs from your background page? You can follow these steps to collect your logs.

Thanks!

++dave;

• qRorschach
    qRorschach
    Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue with no luck locking/unlocking. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m8TVYJ5DIlQa9efnnVWU72VJCiimGqhh/view?usp=sharing

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@qRorschach: I'm sorry to hear that. Can you tell me which version you're using?

• qRorschach
    qRorschach
    Community Member

Version
    Size
    8.0 MB
    ID
    aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa

• ii_dan
    ii_dan
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. It looks like a value is not being passed to the AJAX request?

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'uuid' of null
        at e.setAttrs (background.js:9)
        at new e (background.js:9)
        at new C (background.js:31)
        at V.t.map.e (background.js:31)
        at Array.map (<anonymous>)
        at V (background.js:31)

Version: 1.12.2
    ID: aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble folks. We've made a lot of changes to try to combat this strange issue, but there seem to be a lot of different edge cases. Using the beta may help you now, or, at the very least, any additional changes we make will show up there first. Please give it a try and let us know if that helps you as well.

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member

I've been experiencing this recently...

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @ScottChapman – thanks for getting in touch! That typically means that you'll need to re-authenticate your account. I've seen it happen when a change is made to an account (enable/disable 2FA, update email, change Secret Key/Master Password, etc.). To solve it, please visit your 1Password sign in domain and log into your account again (with your new credentials if they've recently changed). That should fix the connection with 1Password X, but let me know if that doesn't seem to do the trick!

• jem_mosig
    jem_mosig
    Community Member

I have the same problem on Ubuntu with Brave Browser.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

Hi @jem_mosig! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please confirm what OS, 1Password X and Chrome version you are running exactly?

• jem_mosig
    jem_mosig
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana
    I am on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS with Brave Browser Version 0.67.123 Chromium: 76.0.3809.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) and 1Password X version 1.15.6. Hope that helps!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @jem_mosig. You are not running the latest version of 1Password X, so the first thing that I recommend is to update 1Password X to version 1.15.7, even though this could be unrelated.

Should that not help, please send us the extension logs so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you. You can send the logs to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• f00dmonsta
    f00dmonsta
    Community Member

FYI this happened to me just now (31st Dec 2019) the solution of locking and unlocking worked.

• Thanks for the report @f00dmonsta. We'll keep an eye out for this.

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AlbertoH:

If locking and unlocking is not working for you, please send us the extension logs so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you. You can send the logs to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.