want to upgrade from 3.9 but can't launch app

Options

I'm trying to help my mom ;) She 3.9 running as a Chrome extension, but the app associated with it seems non-existent! I can click on teh icon in her browser, click the settings, and click the Launch 1Password App button, but nothing happens. I can't find the app on her machine. and It's not in her purchased apps in the App Store. The only thing remotely close I can find is a 1Passsword 3.6.5.ipa -- an iOS app -- in her Music > iTunes > Mobile Applications folder. Double-clicking on that just takes me to the iTunes storefront. We're happy to sign-up for a new 1Password account, but I'm hoping we can somehow avoid manually transferring all her logins. Does anyone know how I can access this old app, or how I can otherwise transfer her old logins to a new version?

Thanks so much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password .3.9 seems to be running without the app

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@giniwin: I'm glad you got in touch. Please don't do anything. If she really has only the 1Password browser extension installed, removing that will delete all of her data there. It's meant to be used in conjunction with the 1Password Mac app. The best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine next steps:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#XPP-38847-255]

If you’re reading this and you are not giniwin, this Support ID is for giniwin only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: XPP-38847-255

This discussion has been closed.