FROZEN [issue may have been caused by running both 1Password 4/7 at the same time]

Options
Physed
Physed
Community Member
edited July 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Everything has worked perfect. All of a sudden today it is like my 1PW on my Desktop is Frozen. It is very slow to react and only will change to 1 or 2 categories. My iPhone app works fine. Have no idea what to do ? Can you please help me ??
Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Physed,

Thanks for reporting this.

When you said frozen, I assume you mean the app itself is behaving badly and not that your 1Password account is frozen as in not renewed?

We need to know what versions you're using, such as the details you haven't filled out in your original post:

1Password Version: 4 or 7?
    OS Version: Windows 7, 8.1 or 10?
    Sync Type: 1Password account or Dropbox/OneDrive/etc?

Can you check for Windows updates, your computer may be updating Windows in the background and you may have to reboot to get back to normal performance.

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

THANK YOU SO MUCH MIKE for getting a hold of me. I'm double checking with my computer guy now but I know that it is Windows 10, Version 7 and I use Exchange and Dropbox. The iphone app works great but its like the computer version has a bug or something. It is not responsive and very very slow when it occasionally responds. I checked Windows is not updating. I have re-booted twice and it makes no difference This started at about 10:00 AM EST
    I am renewed and have the paid version 7.1.567

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

Mike are you still there ?
    Can you please help me ??

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Physed:

If you don't have Windows updates in the background, there must be something else going on here. Please create a Diagnostics Report from 1Password 7 on your PC and send it to support+windows@agilebits.com.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Greg
    I just sent the Diagnostic report to support@1password.com the address above support+windows@agilebits.com got returned back to me
    I have sent but have not received any confirmation yet

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

Also side note I have my Secret Key and Email but I don't think I ever set up the Master Password. If I did which I'm pretty sure I did not, I can not locate it. How do I set it or if need be re-Set it ? Or is this really NOT necessary ?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Physed: The password you are using to unlock 1Password 7 app on your PC is your Master Password. It is impossible to set up a 1Password account without creating a Master Password.

I have found an email from you on our side and get back to you there. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: MCK-23178-994

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

AWESOME GREG !!!
    Thank you so much
    It's like the Desktop version is working like 20% of the time if at all.
    Then its in slow motion or totally unresponsive.
    Thank u for all ur help
    Ed

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Physed: :+1: :chuffed:

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

I might have figured it out !!
    I deleted the Icon and 1PW I had been using and went on ur site and used the one from ur site and it seems like its back to being fast
    Strange Huh ??

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

Wondering what the diagnostic report showed ??

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Greg just wanted to see what you found in the diagnostic report ?
    Can you please get back to me when you have a free minute ?
    Thank you
    Ed

• MikeT
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @Physed,

We will reply to your email as soon as we finish analyzing it, we did get it but we need a bit of time before we can reply.

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Mike.
    Just to double check all my info is kept strictly confidential
    Correct ??

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Physed,

Absolutely, we can't see your private 1Password data.

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you !
    You and Greg are the BEST !!
    I love 1PW

• MikeT
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @Physed,

I've replied to your email, it looks like you have a few extra things running that can make 1Password perform incorrectly. I've explained more in the email.

Thanks for your comments, that's kind of you.

• Physed
    Physed
    Community Member
    Options

No it's the truth Mike
    I SO MUCH VALUE and APPRECIATE ur Help and assistance.
    Greg's help as well !!
    You guys Rock

Ed

• MikeT
    Options

:) I'm sure both of us are wishing we're rocking as hard as you in your profile picture. I need to get back to training once the heat wave is over.

This discussion has been closed.