switching 1password.com acct, 1password 7 with the license option, data not synced, duplicates

Options

I did have an online 1password.com acct and then cancelled it. I have still been using 1password x for chrome and it said it will still keep my data for 1 year after cancelling. Fine, no problems. However, I just upgraded to 1password 7 on my Mac hoping to switch everything to just that and abandon my online account altogether. However, it seems that I can't find a way to sync the data between these two types of accounts, with the online acct having more logins than my mac version. So, how can I sync my online acct to 7 on my Mac and then disconnect from the online acct to only use 7 on my mac?

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: 1.90
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @eds528

The best way to do this would be to sign in to your 1Password membership in 1Password for Mac (1Password > Preferences > Accounts), if you are not already. Once signed in you’ll want to copy your data from the 1Password membership vaults to a standalone vault (e.x. “Primary”).

Move items between vaults | 1Password

Then once all data is available in standalone vaults you can delete the membership:

How to delete your 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• eds528
    eds528
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I think that worked ok. I'll have to check on my Mac when I get home. Which leads me to my next question @Ben, how do I get 1password 7 on my Windows machine now too? Years ago, I believe I bought a combination license for my Mac and Windows machines. I just bought the Mac license for 1password Mac, do I need to buy another one for windows too? Also, also, I can't get my Windows 1password 7 to find the updated vault that I have on Dropbox. when I upgraded to 7 on Mac, it updated my vault file, but windows can't find/see that new vault file when I go to look for it. It keeps wanting to choose the old one and convert it as well.

• Ben
    Options

1Password 7 for Windows is sold separately and can be purchased within the 1Password 7 for Windows application. Have you tried double clicking on the correct sync file in Dropbox?

Ben

• eds528
    eds528
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben This is getting more complicated than I thought. Having to buy two licenses, adding up to $100, does not seem the best idea to me at this point. Added to that, my wife is also using 1Password and is planning to upgrade too. Would I be able to put my $50 license fee towards a 1password.com family acct instead?

• We can definitely help with that, @eds528! It sounds like you purchased your license very recently, so we could likely add that amount as a credit on your new family account. We'll need to be able to look up your purchase, though, so I'd recommend sending us an e-mail. We use your e-mail address to look that stuff up and that's not something you want to be sharing on a public forum unless you're a big fan of spam. Once you e-mail in, you should get a support ID via auto-reply. Let us know that ID here and we can make sure you get a reply ASAP. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.