1Password 7 button disappears when using Edge

Options

Hi,

I just upgraded to 1Password7 from 1Password4 and installed the Edge extension. I have a couple of issues that are more of an annoyance then anything else. First, for no apparent reason the 1Password button will simply disappear. My computer is set to never sleep or hibernate so my screen is on 24x7. There is no pattern to this happening. When I go to Extensions I see that the 1Password extension is turned off. Here is part of the second issue - when I turn it back on and I click on the button to retrieve a login - nothing happens until I shut down Edge and restart. There are also numerous occasions where I can choose a login for a particular site, but nothing gets filled in. Sometimes I have to shut Edge down and restart for it to work and sometimes simply closing the tab and starting over works - again, no pattern.

Not sure if this has been covered before, but I could not find anything specific to my problem.

Thank you

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 7.1.565
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:edge button missing

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @petrainc,

Thanks for reporting this.

Can you tell me what Windows 10 version are you using? Is it the April 2018 / 1803 update? If you're not sure, click the start menu and type winver to enter it, it'll open up the About Window dialog with the version information.

As far as we know, the common reason that 1Password icon in Edge would disappear is if it has crashed. We know there's an issue with 1Password extension for Edge on Windows 10 Insider builds but at the moment, it's not supported there and we're still investigating for a fix.

Also, just in case, can you open the Microsoft Store to check for updates, we did release a new 1Password update for Edge a few days ago and that may help with your issue. You may want to try restarting Windows a few times, we had a customer that saw some crashes that didn't make sense but it stopped after a few reboots and never came back.

• petrainc
    petrainc
    Community Member
    Options

Mike,

Thank you for the insight and suggestions. I am at 1803 OS build 17134.165. I will try to find out if there is a newer version of 1Password for edge and if there is I will update. After that I will attempt a reboot or few.

Thanks and I will report back once I know more.

• petrainc
    petrainc
    Community Member
    Options

Mike,

I checked the MS store and it said the extension is already installed, but does that mean I have the latest? I could not find any version information on the store for that extension.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @petrinc,

but does that mean I have the latest? I could not find any version information on the store for that extension.

Yes, usually they'd show the Update button if there was an update available.

To find the 1Password extension version, open Edge, click the 3 dots on top right to select Extensions and then click 1Password, you should see the version like so:

• petrainc
    petrainc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - so I have the latest - now on to checking for any updates to the OS.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @petrainc,

While you do that, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• petrainc
    petrainc
    Community Member
    Options

Mike,

Done, sent an email with the diagnostic report, my user name and a link to this thread.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @petrainc,

I can see that Kate has already replied to your email, so let's continue our conversation there. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: LWE-99517-646

This discussion has been closed.