Windows & iCloud

Based on this blog post, it sounds like iCloud may be in the future for 1P. I think that this is fine, but it hints at a Windows requirements of Win Vista or Win7. I am already upgraded to Lion and iOS5 for all of my home devices. At work, I have to run Windows XP. I hope that this will not be my limiting factor for upgrading 1P.

Is this in consideration for Windows users? Do you have any feedback on how many users run WinXP?

Comments

• hmurchison
    hmurchison
    Community Member
    Windows XP is persona non grata for iCloud unfortunately.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    At this point, we don't know much about iCloud on Windows (yet). I haven't seen a SDK, for example.
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    Thanks Stefan, that answers my question. I was worried that the pending Mac update might drop my syncing ability to Windows.
  • hmurchison
    hmurchison
    Community Member
    edited October 2011
    http://www.apple.com...d/setup/pc.html

Download the iCloud Control Panel.

To enable iCloud on your Windows PC, install the iCloud Control Panel for Windows (Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or Windows 7 required).

I'm thinking XP isn't going to be supported but we'll see.
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for the link. I agree, I don't think there is a plan to support XP at all. Which really sucks for people who are kind of stuck using it since a lot of large organizations still won't "upgrade" to Win7. I just got a new laptop for work, which was pre-installed with Win7. The IT department re-images all new hardware to XP though.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    I haven't heard of any plan to remove Dropbox sync'ing from 1Password for Windows.
This discussion has been closed.