Error During 1Password 7.2.576 Autoupdate

Roadhog123
Roadhog123
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

1Password automatically updated while I was away from the PC, and when I returned I was greeted with this error message:

The application and extension both seem to be working fine despite it, but it seems I might have some sort of permissions issue somewhere. The error doesn't tell me where to look to check permissions however.

1Password Version: 7.2.576 on Windows
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90 in Firefox
OS Version: Windows 10.0.17134
Sync Type: Google Drive

Comments

• Hi @Roadhog123,

Thanks for reporting it.

That's an odd error dialog, I've never seen that one before.

Are you able to reboot and see 1Password starts on its own? It sounds like one of the registry keys failed to be saved, we have a few keys related to starting 1Password after reboots and a few Native Messaging registry entries to work with 1Password browser extensions. We have redundancies in place to repair as needed, starting 1Password usually repairs them.

We may be able to see more detailed information in the 1Password diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Roadhog123
    Roadhog123
    Community Member

I took a look in the generated diagnostics report to see if I could find the cause the issue. It revealed that the updater is failing to create the start menu entry because it doesn't have permission to create the file. I know exactly why that's happening and it's my fault not a problem with 1Password.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Roadhog123,

Thank you for the update! Do you mind sharing why it happens on your computer? It will be really helpful for future troubleshooting.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.