Converting KeyChain / Beta 19 Android

shire
shire
Community Member

Hello,

I'm using the Beta on Win10 for a while now. After installing the beta the program updated my keychain from 1password.agilekeychain to 1password.opvault. I used it ever since. Today I received a new beta on my android device. The program reports that is unable to convert the vault. In the settings I still find the name 1password.agilekeychain and not 1password.opvault. That also can't be changed.

How can I solve the problem?

Bye.

1Password Version: 7 BETA 19
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @shire, thanks for reaching out to us about this issue. From the information that you've provided so far, it looks like 1Password for Android is still syncing with the older 1password.agilekeychain folder, while 1Password for Windows is syncing with the newer 1password.opvault.

Similar to 1Password 7 on Windows, 1Password 7 on Android no longer supports the AgileKeychain format. It's reporting that it's unable to perform the conversion because you already have an OPVault folder in the same location. That's a good thing in this case, because you want to get both versions of 1Password syncing with the same folder.

Since each version of 1Password has been syncing with a different folder for a while, it's possible and even likely that you've got different data between them. You'll need to go through your items in 1Password for Android and check to see if there are any items there that aren't in 1Password for Windows (or any items that have been changed). If you find any, you'll want to manual enter those changes into 1Password for Windows.

Once you've done that, you can reset 1Password for Android and set it up to sync with the 1password.opvault folder instead. The steps for resetting an app vary a bit between devices, but is should be something similar to the following:
    1. Launch the Settings app
    2. Tap on Apps & notifications
    3. Tap on 1Password
    4. Tap Storage
    5. Tap on Clear storage

Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

• shire
    shire
    Community Member

Thanks. I never used the app to add passwords. So....I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Now it's using the correct folder.

• I'm glad to hear that it was a straightforward fix for you @shire. Thanks for helping us with the beta testing!

This discussion has been closed.