How to remove 1PW from only my Windows machine - not touching the Macs and iOS devices

Options

It may be as simple as 1-2-3, but I like to ask before deleting accidentally all my vaults system wide.
I have 1PW installed on quite a few Macs, iOS devices and one Windows PC. Now I have to return the PC and so I would like to remove 1PW just from that PC only.
Would it be enough to just delete the 1PW application by "uninstalling the program" from the Programs & Features Folder ?
Or is there for to manually delete traces of 1PW from a Windows PC? The removal should NOT by any means affect the Macs and iOS vaults, of course.

thanks for any advise

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Chrome 1.10.2
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional Vers. 6.1
Sync Type: 1Passsword

Comments

• Hi @axel_luedecke,

Thanks for writing in.

Our recommendation is that you format the drive before you return any system, it is rarely a good idea to return any systems without formatting the drives first.

With that in mind, you need to delete the local 1Password data folder, it will not affect your 1Password.com account's data. However, if you're using standalone vaults, you have to uninstall all local sync tools and then remove the standalone vaults that you're using. There's no standard location for standalone vaults as you can store it in any location you wish. The reason to uninstall sync tool first is to prevent syncing deleted vaults from other devices.

Here's how to clean up if you're using 1Password account:

1. Uninstall 1Password via Control panel > Uninstall a Program
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%
    3. Delete the 1Password folder and empty the recycle bin
    4. On other devices that you're using, sign in to your 1Password account at https://start.1password.com/profile to de-authorize the device you no longer use. (Click the gear icon next to the PC and click the red Deauthorize button).

Again, we recommend you do a format or reset the computer completely.

This discussion has been closed.