What about reverting back from 7.2beta1

Options
Gilles9
Gilles9
Community Member

Hello

it seems by the release notes that the Safari extension is changed
if some of my issues are not solved
and I want to revert to 7.0.7, will I be able to reinstall the former extension 4.7.2 ?
or I'll be stucl with 7.2 beta x

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9: Yes, if you don't want to participate in the beta, you can install the old version instead. You'll probably just need to restart your Mac.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

You confirm, my worry is about the 1P extension, I was never been able to install version 4.7.3
    extension 4.7.2 seems to be a problem installing for some folks
    it has to come from the Apple Safari extensions, but I do not see the 1password extension in the MAS

someone provided a link at one point, can't recall what was the link that installed the extension from MAS ( not the link to Agile extensions website)

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You confirm, my worry is about the 1P extension, I was never been able to install version 4.7.3 extension 4.7.2 seems to be a problem installing for some folks

@Gilles9: Can you tell me what you're talking about? I don't have any context here. It seems to work. If it didn't, I suspect we'd have emails from thousands of Safari users.

it has to come from the Apple Safari extensions, but I do not see the 1password extension in the MAS someone provided a link at one point, can't recall what was the link that installed the extension from MAS ( not the link to Agile extensions website)

I think you're confusing the App Store with Apple's Safari Extension Gallery. You can get the 1Password extension there:

https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C

It shows up if you search for "Safari 1Password".

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Ok the Gallery, you are right,

Thanks for the link

that was the issue for some user : getting that link to work, sorry for the confusion

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! I think I know what you're referring to. Some folks with content blockers were having trouble there. Anyway, the gallery version is only necessary beginning with Safari 12. Cheers! :)

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, reverting to 7.0.7 worked perfectly, and the extension installed correctly 4.7.2
    Thanks

I'll stick with 7.0.7 as Autosubmit still works fine, and some of my websites work well ( which is not the case with 7.1.1 and 7.2 )

• Hi there @Gilles9. Autosubmit will no longer be present when 1Password 7.2 ships in the fall. This is due to some new security enhancements coming with macOS Mojave. I understand that many customers are going to lament this removal (I'm one of them), but it's the way forward.

This discussion has been closed.